Conferences on the Zoom platform are highly interactive. Participants can display running programs, presentations, documents for collaboration, etc. All these features are available at the base rate and even without registration at all. Users may be wondering how to stream music in Zoom .
Sound output method
This function is only available in the PC software (Windows and Mac OS). It is not available in the web version and mobile application. And you can call it as follows:
- Log in to the conference or create one and add other participants.
- Click on the “Screen Sharing” button .
- Go to the “Advanced” tab .
- Select “Computer Sound Only” mode .
- And at the end click “Share” .
As a result, other participants in the online meeting will hear what is currently playing on your computer or laptop.
There is a delay when broadcasting audio in this way, but it is not too noticeable and does not make any particular difficulties.
Optionally, you can enable both screen broadcast and audio broadcast in a Zoom video meeting. Then you will be able to watch movies, TV series together, etc. In this case, the setting method is slightly different:
- Click on the Screen Sharing button again .
- This time, stay in the “Basic” tab .
- Choose any program for broadcasting.
- Enable the option “Share used computer sound ” .
- And now click on the “Share” button .
Now all connected users will see your screen (or a specific program, such as a browser) and hear audio.
When your shared viewing session comes to an end, be sure to end the broadcast. To do this, click on the red button at the top of the screen.
If one participant has launched a general screen sharing, then the broadcast of sound for others becomes impossible. The organizer must first allow it. To do this, he should:
- Move the mouse cursor over the video conference window.
- Click on the arrow icon next to the start demo button.
- Select the mode “Several participants can exercise …” .