Voting in Zoom is a rather useful function, with the help of which you can find out the opinion of conference participants on a particular topic. It is composed of a question and several answers to choose from (two or more). The system is implemented quite conveniently, but it is not available for all users, because there are several caveats worth knowing about. Let’s now figure out how to make a survey in Zoom .
The free version of the account only gives you limited access to the service. The user can join conferences, organize them, enable recording, set up a profile, etc. But the “Voting” function is absent in this case . That is, unfortunately, it will not work to use it . It is only available with a paid account. First, we’ll talk about how to enable and use it.
Well, at the end of the article, we will explain what to do in the case of a basic account.
If you are planning to upgrade to a paid plan, for example, “Professional” , then read our instructions on how to pay for a subscription on the Zoom platform. It describes the entire procedure in detail, and also mentions a small trick for saving.
Case # 1: For accounts with a paid subscription
First of all, you need to change your profile settings to activate the feature. Follow these steps:
- Go to the official Zoom website .
- Click on the “Sign in” link on the top bar.
- Enter your email address in the first field.
- And in the second – the password for the account.
- Click on the login button.
- In the “Personal” section, open the “Settings” tab .
- Use the side menu to navigate to the In Conference (Basic) section .
- Find the appropriate option on the right side of the page.
- Enable it if it is initially inactive.
- Close the settings page.
Now you need to start the survey itself. This can be done in two ways:
- At the planning stage of the conference , if you have an advanced tariff, the corresponding option will appear.
- A new button will also appear in the online meeting itself. Click it and set upvoting.
Other participants will be able to choose answers and share them.
Case # 2: For free accounts
The basic version of Zuma does not provide a Poll function. So, unfortunately, you won’t be able to use it. But there is one tricky solution that actually turns out to be very convenient.
The bottom line is that there are many online services where this feature is present, and they work completely free of charge. It remains only to configure everything. We will analyze this procedure using the example of the English-language resource Straw Poll . But you can use any other.
- Go to the official website https://www.strawpoll.me/ .
- In the ” Type your question …” field, enter a question or topic for voting.
- In the Enter poll option fields, enter the desired number of responses.
- If it is possible to select several answers at once, enable the ” Allow multiple …” option .
- And click Create poll to run .
To vote, select the appropriate answer and click on the Vote button . And to view the results – on Results .
Now copy the link to vote from the address bar of your browser and send it to the conference chat so that other participants can follow it.
For general convenience, you can display the voting results:
- On the survey page, click Results .
- Open a Zoom meeting window.
- Click on the “Demonstration …” button .
- Go to “Advanced” .
- Select the Part of Screen mode .
- Activate Sharing .
- Select the shape with the results in a colored rectangle.
- When this is over, stop the broadcast.