Select More options > Translate on your desktop PC when you receive a message in another language. In this case, the message will be translated into the language you’ve selected for Teams.
- Chinese (Simplified)
- Chinese (Traditional)
On your iOS or Android mobile device, you can translate a message in another language by holding the message and tapping Translate.
Press and hold the translated message and select See original (language) to return it to the original language.
Settings > Translation allows you to choose the language in which messages will be translated.
- With the latest release of Teams, Apple iOS and Android OS mobile devices now support chat and channel message translation.
- Make sure your IT admin has turned on the translation feature in Teams if you don’t see it.
- Arabic, Levantine SM
- Bosnian (Latin)
- Cantonese (Traditional)
- Chinese Simplified
- Chinese Traditional
- Haitian Creole
- Hmong Daw
- Portuguese (Brazil)
- Portuguese (Portugal)
- Queretaro Otomi
- Serbian (Cyrillic)
- Serbian (Latin)
- Yucatec Maya
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a translation feature in Teams?
Can Teams translate in real-time?
Translating Microsoft Teams Meetings
Wordly interprets your Microsoft Teams meetings in 20+ languages in real-time. Meeting participants select their preferred language.
How do I use Microsoft Translator?
- You can open the Microsoft Translator app for Windows 10 by clicking on the app icon.
- Click on the Translate tab and then click on Text.
- Please select the language you wish to convert from and to.
- Your sentence can be typed in or copied and pasted into the box.
- Select some words from the translated text in the box to the right and highlight them in the language you translated them to.
How do I translate a live meeting?
- Tap the screen so that call controls appear.
- Tap More Show captions. . You get an on-screen prompt that says “Captions are starting.”
- Tap More Settings .
- Under “Live Captions,” tap Translation language.
- Select a language: French. German. Portuguese. …
- To return to the main screen, tap Return.
How many languages can Microsoft teams translate?
Is Microsoft Translator Free?
How do I turn on Microsoft Translator?
Does Microsoft have a translator?
What happened Microsoft Translator?
Does Microsoft Outlook have a translator?