Using Microsoft Teams, you can upload and share files.
Attach a file from a channel
- Select the Attach files option under the message box in a channel. You can attach it in one of the following ways:
- Recent: Files recently attached.
- Browse Teams and Channels: Team or channel files can be attached.
- OneDrive: OneDrive for Business accounts can be used to select single or multiple files.
- Upload from my computer: Your device can be used to upload files.
- Choose a file and click Open.
- Post a message and @mentioned someone if you’d like.
- Click the Send button.
Upload a file to the Files tab
Files are available on every channel. Everything shared there can be found there.
- Choose Upload > Files or Folders.
- Select the files you want to use.
Check all steps in Video
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I upload files to Teams for sharing?
Upload existing files
- It is very simple to drag and drop a file from where it is currently located to the Teams window so that it will be displayed among the other files there.
- In order to upload a file (or files) to your account, select Upload. Once the file has been selected, click Open to upload it.
Why can’t I share files on Microsoft Teams?
Team chats and channels allow users to share files based on the sharing settings in the SharePoint administrator center for their SharePoint and OneDrive accounts. In the SharePoint admin center, these settings are not set up correctly, and this results in this issue.
Can Teams share files with external users?
As a first step, you will need to enable the Office 365 feature that allows you to share files externally with Microsoft Teams in the first place. Microsoft 365 Admin Center provides a lot of options to enable the sharing settings on your account. Under Security and Privacy, you can find the sharing settings. In order to share documents in Office 365 Groups, you must also enable shared documents at the Group level.
Can guests in Microsoft Teams upload files?
As long as they are members of a Team, a guest user can upload files. In this case, the guest user has access to the SharePoint teamsite, which includes the Document Library, where the Team’s files are stored, because they are added to the Members of the underlying Office 365 Group.
How do I enable external sharing in Microsoft Teams?
Configure guest access in the Teams admin center
- Sign in to the Microsoft Teams admin center.
- Select Users > Guest access.
- Set Allow guest access in Teams to On.
- Under Calling, Meeting, and Messaging, select On or Off for each capability, depending on what you want to allow for guests. …
- Select Save.
Can I share a folder on Teams?
Your team can access your documents when you share a folder with a channel. Select the Files tab in your preferred channel in the desktop or web app. Select the cloud storage service you want, then click Add cloud storage.