Communication in conferences Zoom on a smartphone is possible immediately after installing the mobile application, which is present on Android and iOS platforms. In both cases, it is distributed completely free of charge; you do not need to buy a paid subscription for all basic functions. We have prepared detailed instructions on how to use Zoom on an Android phone .
The article is divided into four large sections: the installation procedure, registering an account, entering the conference and creating your own. From it you will learn the main aspects that will be needed in the future use of the service.
Installing the app
Everything is pretty easy here:
- Launch Play Market – an application store for Android devices.
- Click on the search bar located at the top of the screen.
- Enter Zoom on the virtual keyboard .
- Tap on the link to the app.
- Start the installation using the appropriate button.
- Provide the required permissions if requested.
- Wait for the process to finish.
- Click on “Open” .
An alternative option for installing Zoom for Android is via the apk file . It makes sense to use it if the main method does not work for some reason.
If you just plan to join the conference several times, then you do not need to create an account in the service, immediately skip to the next chapter of the article. And if you need access to all the features of Zuma, then registration is required. Here’s what it gives:
- Launch your online broadcasts.
- Editing user data (avatar, phone, status, etc.).
- Contact list.
- Advanced settings.
- And much more.
- In the welcome window of Zuma, tap on the corresponding button.
- Please enter your date of birth in the appropriate box to continue.
- Now, one by one, enter a valid email-box, your first and last name in the first three fields.
- Accept the terms of service by checking the appropriate box.
- Click the Next button in the upper right corner.
- Minimize the mobile app and open your email.
- A new letter from Zoom should appear in it , view it.
- Tap on the marked item:
- The browser page will load. Check No for the answer , and then click Continue .
- On a new page, under the first and last name, enter a strong password (in two columns for confirmation). It must include at least 8 characters, one number and one uppercase and one uppercase letter.
- Tap the orange button.
- And at the end, click “Skip …” .
Now go back to the mobile application, in it select “Sign in” .All that remains is to log into your account and refuse additional offers.
Connection to the conference
There are two ways to enter a meeting in Zoom on Android:
- By opening an invitation link that a host or other participant can send.
- By entering the meeting ID and password if not disabled.
Instructions for the first method:
- Follow the link received, you can open it in any web browser.
- Several actions will appear, select launch via the Zoom app .
- Wait for it to download.
- Enter your name in the top field.
- Confirm the entry by clicking on the corresponding button.
Instructions for the second method:
- Open the Zoom app and click “Join Conference” in the welcome window. Or “Login” if you are already logged into your account.
- Type in the appointment ID in the top field.
- Then – your name.
- You can also turn off the sound or video right there.
- Confirm the connection.
- Provide a password if required.
Typically, you will have to wait until the organizer allows you to enter.
The first time you log into a video conference, you may not have sound. To enable it, first click on the “Connect …” button , and then on the inscription “Call using …” .
Optionally, you can mute the microphone or remove the camera by tapping on the corresponding icons. Return everything will come out the same way.
The “Share” button is responsible for screen sharing , displaying a photo, document and other data.
On the top left there are icons to mute other participants and change the camera from front to back and vice versa.
To make it easier for you to use the Zoom application on your smartphone, it must be set correctly. We have covered this procedure in a separate article . We recommend that you familiarize yourself with it.
Organization of an online meeting
You can create your own conference only after registering and logging into your Zoom account. On the first tab of the application, tap on the “New …” button In the form that appears, enable or disable the video and click on the “Start conference” item . It will take a few seconds to connect to the server. Immediately after, an online meeting will be created. And you just have to add other members to it. They can enter through the ID and password indicated above.
But it will be more convenient if you send the right people a link to connect:
- Tap on the “Participants” button .
- Now click “Invite” .
- Select the “Copy URL” option .
- Send the received link in a convenient way.
- Wait for other participants to connect.