You can automate your work with Zapier by creating simple automations called Zaps, which work in the background. A Zap can automatically subscribe Zoom Webinar registrants to a MailChimp list or register a contact for a Zoom Webinar whenever a form is submitted or a PayPal purchase is made, for instance.
Every Zap has a trigger app, which starts the automation and triggers an action in another app. Through Zapier you can connect these apps and automate the tools you use every day to run your business
Triggers with Zoom
Triggers are actions Zapier performs when something occurs in Zoom.
Available Triggers with Zoom:
- Meetings are created when
- you create a webinar
- and participants register for it
Actions with Zoom
Actions mean that when something occurs in another app, Zapier causes an action in Zoom.
Available Actions with Zoom:
- Organize a meeting
- or create a webinar
- that you can invite participants to
Configuring Zoom and Zapier
Below is an example of how to set up Zoom on Zapier.
- Create a Zapier account if you haven’t already done so.
- Click Make a Zap on Zapier.
- After selecting Make A Zap, you will be prompted to select a trigger.
- When you add Zoom as either the trigger or action, you will need to connect your Zoom account.
- Zapier will prompt you for your Zoom API key and secret when you select Connect a Zoom Account. This API Key and Secret is different from the one you use for other integrations.
The Zapier API Key and Secret can be found in the My Meeting Settings section of Zoom under the Integration Authentication section.
Note: The Key and Secret here have been blocked out for security purposes. Your Key and Secret will not be obscured.
- Press test to confirm it’s working correctly.
- If entered correctly, the following message will appear.
- Follow the steps to finish creating your Zap and test your Zap.
- Once testing is completed, you can turn on your newly created Zap
- On your Integrations page in Zoom, you can see any events with Zapier by clicking on View Configuration.
Popular Zaps Using Zoom
Registering webinar attendees
Zapier lets you automatically register webinar participants when they sign up via another app, such as a form or an email list. You can create a Zap that watches for new signups in your form and automatically registers those contacts for your webinar, for example, if you’re collecting webinar registrations via a form or a calendar invite. Registrants can be added automatically that way, so you don’t need to manually enter them.
Zapier users are automating webinar workflows in these ways.
Using Zapier and a payment processor to register paid webinar attendees
Zapier can help you automatically register paid attendees to your webinar if you are running a paid webinar. You will need to do the following:
- You can use an app to collect payments from your attendees, like PayPal or Eventbrite. You’ll need a website, landing page, or similar to embed your PayPal button if you’re using PayPal to collect payment.
- Use Zapier to connect them.
- An authorized Zoom Webinar Add-on user (500, 1000, 3000, 5000, 10000, or 50000)
Zoom is automatically connected to your payment processing app by Zapier in the background. Your payment collection app’s new order or payment will trigger Zapier. A “New Order” trigger in Eventbrite or a “Successful Sale” trigger in PayPal are good examples. Therefore, Zapier will launch the automated workflow whenever a successful order is captured.
The Action event should be set to “Create Registrant” in Zoom. You can set up this workflow step-by-step by clicking “Use this Zap”.