Zoom has a feature called “chat” that allows you to exchange short messages.
1. Press the ” Chat ” button in the menu that appears at the bottom of the screen .
- The chat screen is displayed on the right side of the screen. Enter your message in
the ” Enter your message here ” section at the bottom right .
It will be sent when you press the [ Enter ] button on your computer.
If you select ” Everyone ” as the destination, it will be sent to all participants.
You can also select the person you want to send and send a message to an individual.
* To disable messages addressed to individuals and set them so that “only everyone” messages can be sent, access the Zoom account from your browser and disable “private chat” in the chat settings.
Detailed settings for the chat function
To set up chat , access your Zoom account from your browser and go to My Account> Settings.
If this is turned off, you will not be able to chat within the meeting.
❸ Private chat
If you turn this off, you will not be able to chat to individuals.
❹ Automatic chat save
If left on, the chat will be saved automatically after the meeting is over. Chat
Documents> Zoom> Saved in text format in a dated folder.
How to send a file via chat
You can send files such as PDFs and PowerPoints to participants during Zoom meetings.
1. 1. Access your Zoom account from your browser and turn on “Send File” in My Account> Settings
2. 2. Open the chat and click “Share files in meeting” from “Details” at the bottom left..
3. 3. Select a file on your computer and send it.
The PDF file has been shared.