Zoom combines cloud video conferencing and simple online meetings in one easy-to-use platform. Across multiple platforms, our solution offers the best video, audio, and wireless screen-sharing experience. Zoom for Chrome PWA (Progressive Web App) lets you use some of the same features that are available on the desktop client or mobile app within the Chrome web browser.
Please consult the admin configuration guide for more information regarding how to deploy a custom configuration of Zoom for Chrome PWA.
Zoom for Chrome PWA will replace the ChromeOS app, since support for ChromeOS apps will be phased out across all major operating systems by June 2022. Administrators are strongly encouraged to migrate users from the ChromeOS app to the new Zoom for Chrome PWA to ensure a smooth transition.
This article covers:
- Sign in and join
- Start a meeting
- Join a meeting
- In meeting controls
- More resources
- (available on Google Play) Zoom for Chrome
Sign in and join
Click Join Meeting after installing and launching Zoom for Chrome PWA to join a meeting without signing in. You can sign in and start or schedule your own meeting by clicking Sign In.
Use your Zoom, Apple, Google, Facebook, or SSO credentials to sign in. If you have a Zoom account but cannot remember your password, reset it.
When you sign in, you will see the Home tab, where you will find these options:
- Create an instant meeting by clicking the ‘New Meeting’ button.
- Participate in an existing meeting by clicking the ‘Join’ button.
View and manage your contacts by selecting the Contacts tab. All of your contacts are displayed, and if your organization has Zoom Rooms, you will also see a list of Zoom Rooms.
After you have started or joined a meeting, you will find meeting controls at the bottom of the Zoom window (mouse over the Zoom window to display meeting controls).
If you are in a meeting or webinar, click More in the meeting controls, and then click Settings.
- You should adjust the skin tone of your meeting reactions.
- Use a simplified version of our Virtual Background feature. You can choose from the available virtual backgrounds and adjust the shape of the filter around your face.
- View the current version, Zoom company information, and information about what open source software is used by Zoom
- Join our weekly Zoom meetings and webinar training
- Join a test meeting