iPhone is great for video calling through the Zoom service because of the good camera and microphone. Moreover, the mobile application for it is available for free download through the official App Store. The user can immediately enter the conferences, and after creating an account – start their own. This also requires no paid subscription. In this article, you will learn how to use Zoom conference on iPhone .
The material is divided into several logical sections: installing a mobile application, setting up an account, connecting to an online meeting and creating your own. Read the article in order to understand the nuances of using the Zoom platform.
Section # 1: Installing the Application
Installation of mobile applications for iPhone is carried out through the App Store :
- Open the App Store on your smartphone .
- At the bottom of the screen is a tab bar. On it, tap on the “Search” item .
- Activate the search bar at the top of the page.
- Use the virtual keyboard to compose a Zoom request .
- Go to this app.
- Activate and confirm the installation procedure.
- Depending on the speed of your internet connection, it will take 1-3 minutes.
- Finally, launch the application by clicking on the appropriate button.
Also, a new Zoom icon will appear on the free desktop of the device to launch.
Section # 2: Account registration
You don’t need to create your account unless you plan on using Zoom on your iPhone frequently when you only need it to join conferences. In this case, registration is not required , go straight to the third section of the article.
Now let’s take a look at what opportunities you will have after creating an account:
- Organization of your own video conferences.
- Detailed profile setting (change of avatar, mobile number, current status and other data).
- Synchronization of contacts with the iPhone phone book.
- A large number of settings.
Instructions for creating a personal account:
- Click the “Register” button on the login page.
- Enter your day, month and year of birth in the center field.
- Fill in the fields by email, your first and last name.
- Activate the item that you agree to the terms of service.
- Now tap on “Next” .
- A new letter should be sent to the previously entered email address. The sender will be Zoom . If it does not appear in your inbox, look in the Spam directory .
- In the letter itself, click on the “Activate …” item .
- The site will open in your Internet browser. On the same page, select “No” , and then tap on the “Continue” button .
- Now set a secure password and confirm it.
- On the new page, click Skip .
Go to the Zoom app window. In it, tap on the link “Sign in” . Use your login information to log in to the newly created account.
You will be prompted to connect Face ID or Touch ID to access the app. Agree or refuse, as it is convenient for you.
Section # 3: Entering an Existing Video Conference
The Zoom for iPhone app has 2 options for how to connect to a conference:
- By clicking on a special link from its organizer or a trusted user.
- Using your login information (ID and password).
Let’s analyze each one in turn.
- Open the link sent to you through any Internet browser ( Safari , Google Chrome , etc.).
- Confirm launch of Zoom .
- Wait for the app to open.
- Type in your username in the text box. All participants will see it.
- Click on the confirm button.
- Wait for the connection.
- Launch the Zoom service on your iPhone.
- On the authorization page, tap the button “Enter the conference” . And if you are already logged into your account, then on the main tab, tap on the “Login” button .
- Enter the conference ID in the first column.
- Below is the user’s display name.
- Mute or remove video if desired.
- Tap on the connect button.
- Enter your password when prompted.
If the host has not disabled the lobby, you will have to wait for their permission to connect.
The nuances of communication
The first time you enter an online conversation, chances are you won’t hear anyone else, and the other participants won’t hear you. The fix is pretty easy. First, tap on the “Connect …” item in the lower left corner. Then – on the pop-up inscription. As a result, the sound will be heard.
To mute the microphone or hide your video, use the corresponding buttons.
And swiping the screen to the right turns on Safe Mode .
Pay attention to the upper left corner, there are also two icons there:
- Speaker – muting the sound.
- Camera – switch the camera from front to back and back.
Button “Share” allows you to share some material with all the participants, for example, include a demonstration of the screen, display the image and so on. D.
If you set up Zoom correctly on your device, it will become much more comfortable to use. So we strongly recommend that you read our article . It contains useful tips for setting up the application that you will probably find useful.
Section # 4: Creating your own video conference
Starting your own video conference will be possible immediately after logging into the previously created Zoom account. As a result, many additional functions will appear in the application. On its main screen, activate the item “New conference” .
Now configure the available parameters and tap on the “Start …” button . The online meeting will start as soon as the connection to the server is completed. The final stage is inviting other participants to it.
The most convenient option is to send a special link:
- In the main window of the conference, click on the item “Participants” (located on the lower toolbar).
- Next, click the “Invite” button .
- Select Copy URL from the list of available options .
- Send this invitation link to other people, for example, via messenger, social network or email.
- Wait for them to connect.
The user can enter the conversation without linking to it, through the ID and password. You can find them out in the conference window, the corresponding information is indicated above: