As part of this meeting and if you have organized a Teams meeting, you will be able to download both a current attendance report during the meeting as well as a final attendance report after the meeting. In the report, all the names of the people who attended the meeting along with their time of joining and leaving are listed.
During the meeting
- If you do not see a Participants pane in your meeting controls, select People from the drop-down menu.
- Please click More actions, and then select Download attendance list, which will execute a download of the current attendance info into a CSV file that can be opened in Excel. Once your selection is made, you will be able to download the current attendance info into the new Excel file.
In the Downloads folder of your device, you will be able to find the file.
After the meeting
A few places can be found where you can find a copy of the attendance report.
In the meeting invite
The Attendance tab is located underneath the Calendar tab in Teams when you open a meeting, so you can select it when you are on the Calendar tab. In case you wish to view the data directly in Teams, you can do so at any time.
From the dropdown list on the left, select the meeting report you would like to view if the meeting is recurring.
The following link will let you download the meeting attendance .CSV file:
In the meeting chat
About five minutes after the meeting has ended, there will be a tile in the chat box titled Attendance report. The .CSV file will be downloaded as soon as you click on it.
The attendance information can be viewed in the Attendance tab of the meeting or webinar chat, which you can access in the following ways:
Scheduled channel meetings
The attendance reports for meetings created in channels can be viewed by clicking on the three dots icon in the bottom right-hand corner and selecting View meeting details. Additionally, you can select Attendance to view attendance reports for meetings created in channels.
Known issues and limitations
- There is a problem with attendance reports that are available during meetings that have more than 120 participants, because they only include a partial list of those who attended the meeting. The full list of attendees will be included in the post-meeting report.
- As a result of the deletion of a breakout room, insights from these rooms are not included in the report.
- There is currently no way to report on view-only attendees as part of the report.
- When a channel meeting is already in progress, and someone initiates a second meeting within the same channel conversation, it is possible that an attendance report will only be created for the second meeting within the channel conversation, if it is already in progress. In the Teams calendar invite, you can find a report on attendance for all channel meetings by clicking on the Attendance tab.
- It is not possible to include individuals in the report if they wait in the lobby and aren’t admitted to the meeting.
- If a participant is on hold in a meeting for a period of time, their data is still included in the attendance report, which means that even if the participant is not present for that period of time, their information is still recorded.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you view and download attendance report in teams?
- Select People if you do not see the participants pane. The meeting controls can be found under the meeting tab.
- The following screenshot is intended to provide you with more information about how you can download the current attendance information as a a either an Excel spreadsheet or as a CSV file that can be opened in Excel.
How do I download teams meeting attendance?
- On the meeting controls page, once you have logged into the meeting, you should be able to see the right column by clicking or tapping on the Participants icon.
- Click or tap on the three-dot icon within the “Participants” column in order to view the participants.
- You will now be able to choose from a drop-down menu. The attendance list can be downloaded by clicking or tapping the Download button.
Is there a way to see who attended a Teams meeting after the meeting?
Why there is no attendance report in teams?
Is there a meeting log in Teams?
I would like to know how to access the meeting log for Microsoft Teams
As a result, in this case it is possible to do it either on a meeting by meeting basis or by using Teams meeting policies (you can also set communications policies) to do it. To set up the policies, you will need the assistance of your IT administrator.