It is possible for guests to participate in meetings, chat with team members, and work on documents, just like team members.
- Click on the More options tab and then click on the Add member option in a team.
- Please enter the email address of the guest. If you need to add more than one guest, you can do so.
- It would be best if you changed their display name now if needed.
- Select Add as soon as you are ready, and your guests will receive an email invitation that they must accept in order to begin the process.
Whenever a guest logs into Microsoft Teams, their name will be labeled as “Guest” as a result. There is also an option to check the number of guests that are present in any channel by looking at the top of the channel.
As document links may not work with guest users, it is recommended that you use the Files tab and folders to share files.
Note: Guest access in Teams must be enabled by an admin before guests can join a team. Your admin can help if you cannot add a guest.
Check all steps in Video
Frequently Asked Questions
How do Teams allow external guests?
- Administrate Microsoft Teams from the admin center.
- Go to Users > Guest access.
- Turn on the option to allow guests access to Teams.
- The next step is to select the On or Off option for each of the capabilities under Calling, Meeting, and Messaging, depending on what kind of capabilities you want to enable for guests. …
- Select Save.