Listed below are a few things you can try if you have a problem reconnecting to Teams, or if Teams keeps trying to reconnect on its own without success.
- By opening a browser and visiting any website, you should be able to verify whether your internet connection is working or not.
- Using the top right corner of Teams, you are able to select your profile picture, and then from the menu options directly below that, click Sign out to close Teams. It is recommended to open Teams again after it closes down and sign in with your password and email address.
- If your device has a cache, clear it by clearing the Teams cache.You can find the Microsoft Teams icon on your taskbar in Windows if you navigate to the taskbar. Choose Quit from the right-click menu when you right-click the icon. In this case, the Teams application will be forced to shut down as a result. It is then necessary to select the %appdata%/Microsoft/Teams folder from File Explorer, then copy and paste it into that folder and delete the folder’s contents as well. To complete the process, you will need to re-open Microsoft Teams and log back in again to restart it.
You can quit Teams by right-clicking in the taskbar the Teams icon and selecting Quit from the context menu. The next step in the process is to delete the directory ~/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Teams. It is now time to re-open Microsoft Teams by logging in again and re-opening it by clicking on the application.
- Reinstall Teams on your device after you have uninstalled it from your device.
- You will need to turn off and then reactivate your VPN if you are using it to access Teams.
- You might want to try using the web version of the Teams app here: https://teams.microsoft.com/ if you’re using the Teams desktop or mobile app.
- You may want to turn off your ad blocker(s) if you are using Teams for the web.
- The WiFi modem needs to be restarted.
- To find out if there are any service incidents, you can check the official Twitter account of Microsoft 365 Status for service issues: https://twitter.com/MSFT365Status
Frequently Asked Questions
Why won’t my Microsoft Teams reconnect?
How do I get my Teams back online?
- Make sure that any work that has not been saved already on your computer is saved, close all applications on your computer, and restart it.
- You can try uninstalling Teams from your computer if that doesn’t work.
- Teams can be accessed through the web version, if you prefer.
How do I clear cache in Microsoft Teams?
- Tap the Storage tab in the Settings app, followed by Apps in the Apps tab.
- In the app list, you will find Teams and if you want to use it, you need to tap it.
- Choose the option to clear the cache from the menu.