You and participants associated with your account can see that a guest is participating in a meeting/webinar using the Identifying guest participants in the meeting/webinar feature. In Zoom, a guest is someone who is not logged into their account or whose email address is not the same as their host’s.
Note: Using this feature, guests are not seen as guests.
Prerequisites for enabling the setting to identify guest participants
- Account owner or admin privileges
How to enable Identify guest participants in the meeting/webinar
Allow all users in the account to identify guests in the meeting/webinar:
- As an administrator, access the Zoom web portal.
- Navigate to Account Management then click on Account Settings in the navigation panel.
- Select Meetings in the list of tabs.
- Verify that the option to identify guest attendees in a meeting or webinar is enabled under the In Meeting (Advanced) option.
- Click the toggle to enable this setting if it is not already enabled. Upon seeing the verification dialog box, click Turn On to confirm the change has been made.
- It is optional to make the setting mandatory for all users in your account, so you should click the lock icon, and then you should click Lock to confirm it.
Zoom’s Group Management page has been renamed to Groups if you signed up for an account after August 21, 2021.
Allowing users to identify guests in a meeting/webinar:
- Log in to the Zoom web portal as an admin with group editing privileges.
- Click on User Management, followed by Group Management.
- Select the Settings tab of the relevant group.
- Select Meetings.
- You will need to enable Identify guest participants in the meeting/webinar in In Meeting (Advanced).
- It should be enabled by default. Verify the change by clicking Turn On if a verification dialog appears.
- It must be changed at the account level if the option is grayed out.
- The lock icon can be clicked if you want the setting to be mandatory for all users in the group. Once you confirm the setting by clicking Lock, the setting becomes mandatory.
For your own use, you can identify the guest participants in the meeting/webinar as follows:
- Zoom’s web portal requires a sign-in.
- Go to the Settings section of the navigation panel.
- Click Meetings.
- Make sure that Identify guest participants in meetings/webinars is turned on under Meetings (Advanced).
- You can enable it by clicking the toggle. Verify changes by selecting Turn On if a validation dialog box appears.
- Normally, if the option is grayed out, it indicates that it has been accessed only by a particular group of users. In this case, the Zoom administrator will need to be contacted.
How to identify a guest participant in a meeting or webinar?
- Participate or host the meeting.
- Click the Participants button.
In parenthesis, you will find the names of the guests.