CSV files can be uploaded to Zoom Webinar registration and registrants are automatically approved. Registrants will receive a confirmation email once they have been successfully imported.
CSV files can be up to 2MB in size.
- This option will not be available if PayPal is used to charge for the webinar.
- Registrants can only be uploaded for one-time (non-recurring) webinars.
- The imported registrants will be redirected to your registration page to complete the missing required questions if your registration has additional questions that need to be answered.
Prerequisites for importing registrants through CSV upload
- Account type: Pro, Business, Education, or Enterprise
- add-on for Zoom Webinar
How to import registrants by CSV upload
How to create the CSV file
- Excel or another spreadsheet editor can be used to create a spreadsheet.
- The following CSV format should be followed: email, first_name, last_name
- Separate the credentials into separate columns (e.g. column A contains the email address, column B contains the first name, and column C contains the last name)
- Choose File, then Export or Save.
- Click Change File Type
- and select CSV (comma delimited).
- Click Save As to save the file locally.
You can download a sample .csv file with the correct format here, which you can use as a guide.
How to import the registrants
- Access the Zoom web portal by logging in.
- Select Automatic Approval or Manual Approval when scheduling your webinar.
- Go to Attendee Management.
- Select Import from CSV.
- Press Upload.
- Locate your registrant data in the CSV file.
- As soon as the import process has completed, the View Registrants window will open, and the imported registrants will be listed as approved.