Install and configure the Webex Education Connector within Brightspace by D2L so that instructors and students within your organization will have the ability to begin and attend classes, participate in class discussions, share files, and plan office hours.
Install the Webex Education Connector
Mount the Webex Education Connector on your computer.
You will first need to configure your Webex site so that it is compatible with the Webex Education Connector before you can proceed with the installation of the Webex Education Connector.
1. Log in to D2L using the administrator account you created, and then click the gear icon located in the top-right corner of the screen to access the Admin Tools.
2. Click the OAuth 2.0 tab, then click the Register an app button after selecting Manage Extensibility in the Organization Related area of the menu.
3. Fill in the following information in the spaces that have been provided:
- Application Name- Enter Webex.
- Redirect URI- Enter https://lti.educonnector.io/lms_accesses/callback.
- Scope- Enter core:*:* grades:gradeobjects:write grades:gradeobjects:read grades:gradevalues:write
- Access Token Lifetime (seconds)- Enter 3600.
4. Check the following options:
- Request permission from the user.
- Make it possible to refresh tokens.
- I consent to the Non-Commercial Developer Agreement being entered into.
5. Select Register.
Remember to write down the Client ID as well as the Client Secret. You will require these at a later time.
Configure the Webex Education Connector
1. Launch a new tab in the browser you’re using. Go to this website, https://lti.educonnector.io/, and enter the information that is listed below:
Your site name is the text that appears in front of the.webex.com domain in your Webex URL. If the address of your site is https://myschool.webex.com/, enter myschool in this field.
Enter “myschool” in this field, for instance, if the address of your website is “https://myschool.brightspace.com.”
D2L Developer ID– Enter the Client ID that was given to you in Step 5 of the Webex Education Connector installation process.
Configure Your Brightspace by D2L Site
1. In D2L, navigate to the class for which you would like to use the Webex Education Connector, and then click the gear icon located in the top right-hand corner of the Admin Tools section.
2. In the area titled “Organization Related” click the “External Learning Tools” link.
3. To create a new link, select Create New Link, and then input the following information:
Visibility—Click the checkbox next to Allow users to view this link.
Signature—Choose one of the following available choices:
- Encrypt and sign messages using a key or secret.
- The link’s key and secret
Key—Enter Your Consumer Key from Step 2 of Configure the Webex Education Connector.
- Secret—Enter Your Shared Secret from Step 2 of Configure the Webex Education Connector.
Security Settings—Select Use link security settings and check all of the security settings options.
Make link available to—Check Current Org Unit.
4. After selecting all of the organizational units for which you want Webex Education Connector enablement to be available, click the Insert button after selecting Add Org Units.
5. Choose to “Save and Close” from the menu.
The Webex Education Connector is included on the list that can be found inside Manage External Learning Tool Links at this time.
Install and give permission to use the Webex Education Connector
1. To access a course’s content in D2L, simply navigate to the desired course.
2. Select “Add a module” and provide a name for the new component.
3. Select an existing activity, then click the “External Learning Tool” button.
4. Choose the name of the LTI tool that you configured in the previous step, “Configure Your Brightspace by D2L Site.”
5. To access the Webex Education Connector, click the tool’s name in the toolbar.
6. Under the Setup tab, scroll down until you reach the Authorize with LMS section, then click the Authorize button and follow the instructions that appear on the screen.
7. To configure the site-wide features for teacher configuration, select the features from the drop-down menu that appears after clicking Go to Admin Console from the Setup tab.