I think many of you reading this article are also using Slack normally.
In fact, Zoom is a web conferencing tool that I often introduce on this site, but it can be linked with Slack.
Once you’ve worked together, you’ll be able to seamlessly start meetings while interacting with Slack for work meetings and contacts.
Therefore, in this article, I will introduce what you can do by linking Slack and Zoom, how to use it, and how to link it.
Please improve your work efficiency by linking Slack and Zoom once!
What you can do with Slack and Zoom
So what can we do by linking Slack and Zoom? that is
- You can start Zoom meetings from Slack
- If a meeting is scheduled, Slack will notify you and let you join right away.
- Even if the other person does not have Zoom installed, you can start by sending the invitation URL in Slack
- Can replace Slack’s phone function with Zoom
- Automatic sharing of Zoom meeting details and recordings on Slack
Only this is possible.
You can start Zoom meetings from Slack
This is literally when you’re interacting or having a meeting on Slack, and sometimes you feel like “I want to share or explain using voice or materials.”
However, I wonder if anyone ever thought of calling the other company’s office to get them to work.
In such a case, linking Slack and Zoom makes it possible to hold a web meeting while looking at the voice and the face of the other person very smoothly .
Commands for launching Zoom from Slack
Enter “/zoom “in the message field or direct message
Easy to use. If you are sharing Slack and Zoom, and if you have a Zoom license agreement, just enter “/zoom” and command input on the channel .
Then the message “Do you want to join Zoom?” will be sent to the other party, so click on it to start the meeting.
When you enter a command, all channel and DM members will be prompted to join the meeting.
If a meeting is scheduled, Slack will notify you and let you join right away.
If you connect Slack with your Outlook calendar or Google Calendar, Slack will notify you at the time of the Zoom scheduled meeting.
Of course, you can quickly switch from Slack to meetings.
Even if the other person does not have Zoom installed, you can start by sending the invitation URL in Slack
This seems to be a feature unique to Zoom. Actually, Zoom is prepared as a desktop application or smartphone application, but if you just want to join the meeting, you can join it from the browser without installing it. (However, Chrome is recommended environment)
With this method, if you want to have a meeting during a conversation in Slack with a person who has never used Zoom, you can just send the participation URL and the meeting will be realized.
Can replace Slack’s phone function with Zoom
Slack has a call function called Slack Call, and you can specify Zoom as the default application for this call function.
Setting is very easy.
- Access the Slack App Directory from your desktop
- Select a calling app
- Install the Zoom app in your workspace
- Click the workspace name in the upper left of the desktop screen
- Select other management items from the menu
- Select settings and permissions
- Click “Open” in the call function item
- Check “Enable Slack calls in the following ways”
- Select the app you want to use, Zoom
- Click Save to finish the setting
It’s a good idea to keep in mind that any changes you make to this setting will be propagated to all workspace members.
Automatic sharing of Zoom meeting details and recordings on Slack
This is also a convenient function. By linking Slack and Zoom, you can leave the details of the meeting in the workspace, and if you record more, the recorded video will be automatically shared with the members in the Slack workspace.
It would be convenient to share the details of meetings that you could not attend, regular meetings, morning meetings, etc.
Cooperation method and method that can be understood in 5 minutes
Finally, I will explain how and how to integrate Slack and Zoom.
Before explaining the procedure of linkage, please check the conditions first.
Conditions for linking
- Your Slack and Zoom accounts are linked with the same email address
- You have a paid Zoom plan (Pro, Business, Enterprise, Education)
- If you want to make IP phone calls, you need to have a Zoom Phone plan
If you meet these conditions, you can proceed with the collaboration.
How to link ① Approve Slack on Zoom side
- Zoom account administrator logs in to Zoom
- Select Slack from the Zoom Marketplace list
- Pre-approve Slack
How to link ② Install Zoom application in Slack
- A person with permission to add apps in the Slack workspace logs in to Slack
- Access the Zoom app page from the App directory
- Click “Add to Slack”
- Select Allow to authorize Zoom to access Slack
- Open the workspace, select Zoom from “Recently used apps” in the left sidebar, and click
- “Allow Zoom” is displayed on the screen. Follow it.
In this article, I’ve explained what you should know about how to use Slack and Zoom, how to use them, and what you can do with them.
If you are a regular user of Slack, you should definitely use it in conjunction with Zoom.
Zoom is a web meeting tool with excellent operability and high communication quality.
It should greatly help your business efficiency.