iOS devices running iOS 11 and higher allow you to share your entire screen. Apps and other content can be shared this way.
When sharing your entire screen via iOS, you cannot annotate. You can share annotated or entire screens on older versions of iOS using the Zoom desktop client for Mac or PC and Airplay or the Zoom desktop client for Mac and wired sharing. Find out more about Airplay and wired sharing.
- Apple iOS 11 or later
- Zoom mobile app for iOS version 4.1.18611.1228 or higher
To minimize disruption during your meeting, we recommend that you go through the first time setup before sharing your screen:
- On an iPad or iPhone 8 or older, press the home button. On an iPhone X, swipe up from the home bar.
- Select iOS Settings.
- Select Control Center.
- To add Screen Recording to your Control Center, tap the + button next to it.
Starting a screen share in meeting
- Tap Share Content in the meeting controls. On an iPhone, you’ll find the meeting controls at the bottom of your screen; on an iPad, they’ll be at the top right.
- Just tap the screen.
- You must follow the instructions on the first page of the on-screen instructions if this is your first time sharing your entire screen and you have not set up Screen Recording yet.
- You can return to Zoom by clicking the red bar at the top of the screen after completing the first-time setup.
- View the Broadcast to Zoom instructions by swiping left on the instructions.
- Go to the Control Center.
- If you have an iPhone 8 or older or an iPad running iOS 11, swipe up from the bottom.
- If you are using an iPhone X or iPad running iOS 12, swipe down from the top right.
- Press and hold the record button until the Screen Recording option appears.
- Click Zoom.m.
- Click Start Broadcast.
- The entire screen of your device will be shared into the meeting after three counts.
- When you are ready to end the share, tap the red bar at the top of your screen.
- Click Stop.
- To open Zoom, tap the red bar again.
Screen sharing audio
While screen sharing, you can share your audio as follows:
- In the meeting, share your screen.
- To view the meeting window, tap on the screen again after tapping Start Broadcast.
- During screen sharing, you can enable or disable sharing of device audio by tapping Share Device Audio.