I forgot my password for Skype
If you have forgotten your Skype password, reset your password now.
If you forget your Skype password and do not have access to your email or phone, you can follow these steps:
- Go to the account recovery form.
- Aside from your email address, phone number, and Skype name, you will also be asked for an additional email address.
Find information about the recovery form, including tips for completing it, here.
- It may take up to 24 hours for your information to be verified once you have submitted the form. Your additional email address will receive the request results.
I forgot my user name for Skype
- Go to the Skype sign in page and sign in.
- Select More sign-in options from the sign-in options menu.
- Select Forgot my username.
- Your Microsoft account requires either a phone number or an alternate email address.
- Your phone number or email will be sent a security code. Enter the code and select Next.
- Your phone number or email address will be used to show you any accounts associated with it. For security reasons, part of the username will be hidden. Click Sign in when you find the account you want.
In the event that you forget your user name and receive the message “That Microsoft account does not exist”, these steps may help you find or remember your Microsoft account.
If you’re experiencing other issues with signing in, you can also refer to our troubleshooting guide.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I find out my Skype username?
How do I log into my old Skype account?
You can sign up for a Skype or Microsoft account if you already have one:
When Skype is open, click or tap the Skype name, email address, or phone number. Choose Sign in from the drop-down menu and enter your Skype name, email address, or phone number. Click the arrow to continue after entering your password. Your Skype account has been activated.