Meetings that only involve audio are less interesting than those that also include video. There are many different methods to participate in meetings using video conferencing systems. You are able to quickly begin or join a meeting regardless of whether you use Cisco Systems, Polycom, or any other SIP- or H.323-based video systems, or whether you use a Webex room or desk device. A webinar or an event can also have hosts and participants participate remotely through the use of a video system.
Join by dialing the video address
You can call the video address listed on the calendar invite or on the page containing information about the gathering.
- You can either bring up the virtual keyboard or get the remote control for your television system.
To make a call, for instance, you would press the Call button and then the Keyboard button on the keypad.
- In one of the following versions, dial the video address:
- meeting_number>@webex.com for a Webex meeting that is already confirmed.
- Personal_Room_ID>.site_name>@webex.com for a Webex Personal Room gathering, either instant or scheduled.
- IP address for a Webex Personal Room meeting, either immediate or scheduled, or a Webex meeting, either instant or scheduled.
When instructed, enter the meeting number in the space provided.
For FedRAMP-authorized Webex offerings, IP dialing is not a feature that is accessible.
- If you are requested for it, enter the numeric password for the meeting.
Only scheduled Webex meetings, and not Webex Personal Room meetings, require the numeric meeting passcode. Webex Personal Room meetings do not require this password.
- Perform the following actions when instructed to do so:
- Enter the host key or host PIN, depending on whether you are the host of the meeting, followed by the pound symbol # to begin the meeting. If you are the host of the meeting.
- To participate in the meeting as someone who is not the host, enter the pound symbol (#).
Joining Webex Meetings from Cisco TelePresence or Webex Video Devices
If you have a Cisco TelePresence system or a Webex video device and your Webex site and account support joining meetings from these devices, you can use One Button to Push (OBTP) to quickly join a meeting. However, to enable OBTP, your Webex site must have the Cisco TelePresence Management Suite and TelePresence Management Suite Extension.
Joining a Meeting with OBTP
When your TelePresence room is added as a room resource, you can tap the Join Meeting button directly on the device to join the meeting. However, if the meeting host has not yet joined, you may be prompted to enter the host PIN and press # to join the meeting. Similarly, if a numeric password is required to join the meeting, even if the host has already joined, you must always enter this password followed by # to join.
Joining and Hosting a Meeting from a Video Device
If the meeting host is running late or cannot make it, you can join and host the meeting from a video device. For more information, please refer to the “Use the Join Webex Button on a Video Device” guide.