In a Zoom Room, you can join a meeting with audio and video capabilities, without using the Zoom desktop client. Users can share screens, chat, manage participants, and use Zoom Rooms for video and audio conferences.
Prerequisites for joining a Zoom Room meeting using the desktop client
- Client for Zoom
- Windows: version 5.0.0 or later
- Client for Zoom Mac: version 5.0.0 or higher
- Mobile app for Zoom
- For Android: version 5.0.0
- For iOS: version 5.0.0 or higher
How to join a meeting using the desktop client in a Zoom Room
- Log in to the Zoom desktop client.
- Select Meetings from the menu.
- Click on the meeting you wish to join.
- Select Join from a room.
Click on a Zoom Room to join. If none of the available sharing keys are detected by the Zoom Room display, enter the key displayed on this screen.
Note: When starting a video from the desktop client, the companion mode will not be available.
How to join a meeting using the mobile app in a Zoom Room
- Open the Zoom app on your mobile device.
- Choose Meetings from the menu.
- Click the meeting you want to attend.
- Click Join from Room.
A list of nearby Zoom rooms will appear. When none of these keys are displayed in the Zoom Room display, you must enter the Sharing key displayed on it.