When setting up Zoom Rooms on the iPad, you will need to ensure some settings are configured correctly to set it for kiosk mode. This will allow Zoom Rooms to start and prevent users from using other applications on the iPad.
There is a known issue with iOS 12 when the iPad is in Guided Access mode since the iPad goes to sleep when this feature is switched on. In step 9 of the Setup Guided Access, under the Mirror Display Auto-Lock setting, please update your device to iOS 12.1.11 or later and make sure that you enable it.
This article covers:
- How to disable auto-lock
- How to setup guided access
- How to start guided access mode
- How to exit guided access mode
- How to enable night shift mode
- Related Articles
- License for Zoom Rooms
- IPad controller with administrator access
How to disable auto-lock
- Go to the Settings app on your device.
- Go to Display & Brightness and tap it.
- Select Auto-Lock from the menu.
- Choose Never.
How to setup guided access
- Your device’s Settings App is open.
- Select General.
- Select Accessibility.
- Then, under the Learning section, you will need to tap Guided Access.
- Make sure that you have it turned on (green).
- Select the Passcode Setting option.
- Choose the passcode that you want to use for guided access.
- If you would like to exit guided access mode, you will need to enter the 6 digit passcode twice.
- You can toggle Mirror Display Auto-Lock to on (green) on devices running OS 12.1.11 or later.
How to start guided access mode
- Launch the Zoom Rooms app.
- Click three times on the device’s home screen.
- During Guided Access, you can enable or disable buttons on the device by selecting the Options button at the lower left.
- To begin, tap the Start button.
Because Zoom Rooms is the only available app on your iPad, it has been secured.
How to exit guided access mode
- Click three times on the Home button.
- Using your Guided Access passcode, enter it three times.
How to enable night shift mode
You can only use Night Shift mode if you have iOS 9.3 or later.
- Your iPad’s settings app is available in the App Store.
- Select Display & Brightness.
- Select Night Shift.
- Click the Scheduled button (green) to make the time shift active.
- You can adjust the time when Night Shift is enabled by tapping the From To button.
When you are scheduled for night shifts on your iPad, the brightness will be reduced
- Kiosk mode for Zoom Rooms