PowerPoint live is an excellent way to make sure that everyone in the team is aware of the content you are sharing and to engage the viewers with the colorful laser pointer and drawing tools available to you. It will help you emphasize your points and provide clarity. During the meeting, everyone will be able to see what your “ink” looks like.
Pointing and drawing on the slides can only be done by the presenter.
In order to share PowerPoint slides, follow the instructions in Share PowerPoint slides. There is an optical pointer and a drawing tool present on the current slide, which can be found in the bottom right corner. Also called the “right hand corner” of the current slide, it can be found on the current slide in the bottom right corner.
Focus viewer attention with the laser pointer
- With the laser pointer’s settings menu, you will be able to select a color and the laser pointer will start making temporary marks on the current slide.
Using the mouse, you can move the cursor around to create a short line. Using the mouse button, hold down the button while drawing to create a longer line.
Tip: When you make the marks quickly enough, you will be able to make more than one mark at the same time. The more marks you make at the same time, the more likely they are to fade away together as they are made quickly.
Highlight and connect ideas with the drawing tools
During the meeting, this marking will remain until the end of the meeting.
- Drawing tools are available to help you create your drawings. After selecting a drawing tool, you can then select what line thickness and color you would like to match.Using the pen, a line is drawn that is opaque
It is possible to draw translucent lines with the highlighter.
- Draw by holding the mouse button down and pressing the mouse button at the same time.
Erase your ink marks
- A single mark can be erased by selecting the eraser in the toolbar and then selecting the mark in the ink ribbon, in order to remove just that one mark.
- Select Erase all ink on slide if you wish to erase all the marks on the slide.
- Select the cursor on the screen (by pressing the Esc key on your keyboard) or you can select the item you wish to select by clicking it.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you use a laser pointer in Microsoft Teams meeting?
Can you draw on PowerPoint in Teams?
Can you write on a PowerPoint while presenting in Teams?
How do I activate a pointer in Microsoft Teams?
Is there a laser pointer in Microsoft Teams?
How do you draw on screen in Teams meeting?
The red pen tool is automatically selected by default, so that everyone in the meeting can start annotating immediately after the meeting has begun. If you would like to start annotating your document by selecting one of the tools from the Whiteboard toolset and by starting to type or draw on the screen, you can start by selecting any one of the tools within the Whiteboard toolset.