When you set up the zoom desktop client then by default the launch of a URL or external app is possible at the time you are answering the external call. The attachment of parameters related to zoom inbound calls like caller ID sounds viable. For instance, with this feature, you can transfer customer information to the CRM system.
From this article know about the criteria to launch the app, way of specifying such parameters, and some illustrations.
Preconditions for zoom inbound calls based on the launch of URL or external app.
- The zoom desktop client user already should have the Mac OS, Windows, or Linux version of 5.4.7 or above.
- The URL or the external app should be potent enough to receive the specified parameters. Remember, a few of the URLs or apps may fail to receive the parameters. In that case, get in touch with the website or third party for further assistance.
- The feature exclusively works for external inbound calls and not for the Internal zoom inbound calls.
When launching an URL or app, how to brief the parameters?
Step 1. From the desktop client, zoom sign in.
Step 2. First, tap your display picture and then tap Settings.
Step 3. Select the phone section.
Step 4. Ensure that you have turned on the launch of an URL or external app for the incoming calls feature.
Step 5. In the next section, you have the input the URL link or the application file path. Or as the other way, tap on the browse feature to place the application.
Step 6. You then have to type out the parameters based on which you can pass specific info about the zoom inbound call to the URL or app as normal text.
- Ensure that the parameters or the URL are in double quotations. Or you also have to encase the path of the app.
- When you mention the app then, you have to input in place of the shortcut, the app executable file’s full path.
Step 7. For running the pass or command example you have to select the test option. (Discretionary).
Step 8. Shut the window settings in case,
- If the inbound call notification displays or passes the parameters then while answering a call the zoom phone will launch the URL or particular app.
- The internal zoom phone users can’t launch the URL or the application.
|%C||This shows the zoom inbound caller’s caller ID number. ( if possible the caller ID number can be passed free from any country or region code. for instance, +1(123)134-1345|
|%L||If viable then it displays the inbound caller’s last name of the caller ID name|
|%E||the inbound caller’s viable caller id number. The number is passed without any region or country code (123)134-1345|
|%N||if viable the inbound caller’s fuller caller ID name.|
|%F||If viable then it displays the inbound caller’s first name of the caller ID name|
- When you try to get access to a default browser then the inbound caller’s caller ID will follow the URL. For instance, (123)134-1345.
- When you access the Microsoft Word extension then it would pass the caller’s entire name.
All credit- zoom.us