Equipment setup (non-webcam)
- In the case of using your own camera during your event (other than a webcam), here are some of the items you will need:
- An ingest video converter is required to ingest video from a camera to your computer (for instance, Magewell).
- Connecting cords are required for the connections to be made
- Basic information
- You should invite everyone who is going to produce or present the event (including the moderators of the Q&A session) to be a member of the event group. You can only invite people to an event once you have created the event and linked the event to the attendees. After creating the event and setting up the link, you can invite people to the event.
- I insist that if anyone is going to be presenting a PowerPoint, they be invited as producers or presenters of the program.
- Set up your live event access carefully before you begin the event. It is a very important point to keep in mind if you are planning on sharing sensitive information.
- If you would like to have a Q&A, you can select that option.
- Whenever you choose Q&A, you should ensure that someone is going to moderate the session (and that they will be a producer or presenter for the event).
- In order to ensure that the support link the attendees are directed to is the correct one, check that the link points to the correct support information for them.
- In case you would like to make a recording of your event available to your attendees so that they can view it at their convenience, you can select that option.
- For those who want to receive a file of the recording after the event, you will need to select Recording available to producers and presenters.
- If you would like to send your attendees the information regarding the event, you can do that by adding the link to your Teams channel, sending an email, or sharing it on your website.
- Ensure that the equipment you are using runs smoothly and that the connections between the devices are solid.
- In order to test the video and audio, you’ll need a Magewell (or another converter) connected to your USB port, which allows you to connect it to your computer. Your device’s settings should be set to allow you to control your video and audio properly.
- Make sure that the lighting in your room is good. If you have the option, we recommend picking a room with plenty of natural light.
- The start button should not be clicked during the testing phase. There will have to be a new event scheduled as soon as possible for attendees to RSVP to as there won’t be an option to stop, pause and restart this one once it is scheduled. If you would like to determine whether this is what you want, then it is best to hold a rehearsal live event with a small group of people who would be willing to be part of it a few days prior to the actual event.
- If you have sent the attendee link to your audience in multiple places, check to see if it has been received.
- There should be a link that points directly to the event where your link points. It is estimated that you will be presented with a blue screen stating “The live event has not yet begun.” if you follow it.
- Make sure that the event content is ready for you and your presenters so that you can share it during the event.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you Organise a live event in a team?
- Select Meetings from the drop-down menu in Teams if you would like to create a live event. …
- To launch a new live event, select the New meeting option at the top of the dialog box.
- I would like to add the meeting title, as well as the date, time, and other details to the meeting.
- Adding the names of the people who will be presenting and producing the event to the Invite people to your event group box will allow you to invite other people to the groups.
Does the organizer have to be in a Teams meeting?
A meeting organizer is not required to be here at the time of the meeting’s initiation in order to organize the meeting. The organizer should disable the mandatory waiting room for everyone in order to ensure that everyone is able to enter the meeting room.
Can you have multiple Organisers in a Teams meeting?
A meeting can be organized with the help of co-organizers in the same way as presenters are nominated for the meeting. It is a simple procedure. As you edit the meeting settings, you can select co-organizing members from the list of pre-invited people in the table (Figure 1) and save your settings.
Can you change Teams meeting Organiser?
Meeting organizers, by default, are the ones who set up the meeting on the system. In order to determine if a participant has been assigned a role as an attendee or presenter, organizers can assign roles to each participant.
Can I cancel a Teams meeting if I am not the organizer?
The meeting organizer is the only person who can ensure that your meeting can be canceled or updated, if you wish to do so. Meeting organizers are the people who send meeting requests to the other people involved in the meeting.