Auto receptionists answer calls and route them to specific users or call queues, common area phones, or voicemails using a personalized recording. In addition, you can set up an auto receptionist to route callers to an interactive voice response (IVR) system so they can choose how to route their calls.
Each auto receptionist can be customized after it has been created.
Prerequisites for managing auto receptionists
- Accounts for Business, Education, or Pro
- Account owners or administrators
- Can use Zoom Phone
Customizing the main auto receptionist
Zoom Phone creates an auto receptionist (called Main Auto Receptionist) when it is configured for the first time. It is assigned to the main company number. Our main auto receptionist will answer all calls to our main company number.
Note: Zoom Phone will create an auto receptionist for each site if you have multiple sites. You will be able to receive calls to the main company number on the main site (the first site you create after you enable multiple sites) by using the main auto receptionist on the main site.
- Zoom’s web portal is available once you’ve logged in.
- Select Phone System Management from the navigation menu.
- Please select an automatic receptionist which displays Main Auto Receptionist in its name.
- Make changes as necessary to the settings of the automatic receptionist.
Changing the main company number in the main auto receptionist
You can change which phone number is used as the main company number if your main auto receptionist has more than one direct number.
As well as re-assigning phone numbers, you can also re-assign a call queue number, an auto receptionist number, or a Zooom Room number.
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal by using your email address and password.
- You can find Phone System Management under the Navigation menu.
- The Main Auto Receptionist should appear after any auto receptionist.
- You can have different auto receptionists for each site if you have more than one. It belongs to the auto receptionist of the main site only who has the main company number. In your Company Info page, you can see the main site.
- The main company number can be changed by selecting the drop-down menu. You can either:
- Use the auto-receptionist number in place of the main company number. Your main auto receptionist number will continue to be assigned to your main company company number.
- To select a number from this list of unassigned numbers, click on Select an unassigned number, and then click on Confirm. In addition, you can purchase phone numbers by clicking Get Numbers.
- The main company number of the previous company will no longer be assigned. It is possible to assign the number that was previously assigned as the main number of the company to another person.
Creating a new auto receptionist
- Log in to the Zoom web portal by entering your email address and password.
- Select Phone System Management from the navigation menu and click on Auto Receptionists.
- Click Add.
- Various fields need to be filled in:
- Site (only visible if you have multiple sites):
- Choose the site where you would like the new auto receptionist to be placed.
- Give the auto receptionist a name so that you can identify her.
- Click Save.
- If necessary, modify the settings for the auto receptionist.
Deleting or duplicating an auto receptionist
- Zoom’s web portal can be accessed by signing in.
- You can find Auto Receptionists under Phone System Management in the navigation menu.
- Choose one from the list.
- The ellipses icon (…) is located on the right-side column. If you click it, one of these choices will appear:
- By duplicating an existing auto receptionist, you can create a new one. As long as the extension number, phone numbers, and display name are not changed from the original, all settings will be copied correctly.
- The call queue will be deleted. Call queue numbers will no longer be assigned to this queue. You can use the Active Status setting to deactivate the call queue while still keeping the call queue.