Incoming calls can be routed to a group of users using call queues. Your billing department, sales department, or customer service department can receive calls, for example. You can have up to 50 people in each queue. Queue settings can also be changed, and queue calls can be monitored.
Call queues can be distributed among three options:
- Simultaneous: Call everyone at once.
- Sequential: Calls each member one by one.
- Rotating: Distributes calls evenly among members by calling them at regular intervals.
- Longest idle: A call is routed to the member who has not answered a queued call for the longest. The system will rotate to the next member who has been idle the longest if the member who has been idle the longest fails to respond.
- Group rotating: Upon the recipient receiving the call or after a configurable ringing-time interval, the item itself rings a configurable subset of queue members simultaneously (the subset is defined by the group’s size), before next ringing the next subset of queue members.
- Account type: Pro, Business, or Education
- Ownership or administrative privileges
Creating a call queue
- Log into the Zoom web portal by entering your email address and password.
- Please select Phone System Management from the navigation menu, followed by Call Queues.
- Click on the Add button.
- The following information will be entered into the system:
- Site (only visible if you have multiple sites):
- Pick a new site.
- Type the name of the site.
- Description (Optional):
- Describe the queue so that you can identify it.
- Extension Number:
- Provide the callers with the extension so they can reach the call queue. When the call queue is created, direct numbers can be assigned to it.
- Just click Add. Add phone users to call queues by selecting them in the list, then clicking OK. Common area phones can also be added to call queues.
- Specify a template to be assigned to Call Queues:
- Do so.
- Save it.
You will be redirected to the call queue’s settings via the web portal.
It is only the account owners and admins who can view or change the settings of a new call queue after it has been created. If you click Set in the Admin settings, you will be able to assign roles to call queue admins.
Deleting or duplicating a call queue
- Log on to the Zoom website.
- Select Phone System Management from the navigation menu then select Call Queues from the drop-down box.
- Select the call queue you would like to manage.
- In the right-side column, click the ellipsis icon on the right, then choose from one of the following options:
- This option will duplicate the existing queue in order to create a new one. There will be no changes to the extension number, phone number, or display name since all settings are duplicated.
- Remove the call queue from the system. Associated phone numbers will no longer be assigned. Use the Active Status setting to deactivate the call queue while keeping it visible.