The far end camera control feature allows you to share control of your camera with another meeting participant and make use of pan-tilt-zoom (PTZ) functions. This feature requires a webcam that has PTZ capabilities. Using this setting may prove useful if another participant needs assistance during a video conference meeting or presentation.
Prerequisites for Far end camera control
- Ownership or administrative privileges on the account
- A camera equipped with pan-tilt-zoom (PTZ) capabilities
How to enable or disable Far end camera control
You can enable or disable the control of all far end cameras in the account by following these steps:
- Log in to the Zoom web portal as an admin with the abilityngs on the Zoom web portal.
- Select Account Management from the left-hand navigation menu.
- Select Meetings.
- To enable or disable the far end camera control, click the toggle under In Meeting (Advanced).
- To verify the change, click Enable or Disable if a verification dialog appears.
- The lock icon must be clicked to make this setting mandatory for all users in your account. You must click Lock to confirm the setting.
The Group Management page has been renamed to Groups in Zoom accounts created after August 21, 2021; or if the New Admin Experience is enabled in your account.
Control of Far end cameras for a group of users can be enabled or disabled using the following commands:
- Join the Zoom web portal as an administrator with group editing privileges.
- Click User Management then Group Management in the navigation menu.
- Select the appropriate group.
- Select Meetings from the drop-down menu.
- You can enable or disable the far end camera control in In Meeting (Advanced).
- Verify the change by clicking Enable or Disable in a verification dialog box.
In the case of grayed out options, the account level has locked them and they must be changed there.
- The lock icon can be clicked if you want to make this setting mandatory for all users in the group. Click Lock once you have confirmed the setting.
For your own use, you can enable or disable Far end camera control by following these steps:
- Log in to the Zoom web portal.
- Click Settings in the navigation panel.
- Click Meetings.
- To enable or disable the Far end camera control, click the In Meeting (Advanced) toggle.
- To verify that the change was made, click Enable or Disable if a verification dialog appears.
- Greyed-out options have been locked at the account or group level. Get in touch with your Zoom administrator.
How to use Far end camera control
You or users in your account need to enable the Far end camera control (if you are an admin).
- Join or start a Zoom meeting.
- You can request camera control from the video of a participant within the meeting by selecting the video and choosing Request Camera Control.
You will not be able to control the camera if the participant does not have one with PTZ capabilities.
- A prompt will appear for the participant to accept the camera control.
- Once the controls have been approved, the participant’s camera can be panned, tilted, and zoomed.