Last Updated: January 10, 2022
As a Host, you can host webinars and meetings. Zoom Webinar and Zoom Meeting platforms are used for the webinars and meetings, respectively. Depending on how they want participants to interact and experience the event, hosts can choose a type of event. In addition to presenting to a broader audience, hosting a webinar gives Hosts more control over attendees, panelists, and presenting. During meetings, attendees and hosts can interact more and there is more opportunity for engagement. Attendees’ and your preferences can be taken into account when planning these types of events.
You can host Zoom Meetings and/or Zoom Webinars with up to 50,000 attendees and 1,000 panelists and/or alternative hosts, depending on the Zoom Meeting and/or Zoom Webinar licenses to which your Zoom account subscribes.
This article covers:
- How to choose an event type for your attendees
- When to choose the webinar event type
- When to choose the meeting event type
- How to add a Zoom Webinar license
- How to invite panelists and alternative hosts to webinar events
- How to increase attendee capacity for events
- Increase webinar event’s maximum attendee capacity
- Increase meeting event’s maximum attendee capacity
- How to create a webinar event
- How to create a meeting event
Prerequisites for OnZoom event types
- Pro, Business, Enterprise, or Education meeting plan
- A licensed user with the Zoom Webinar add-on (500, 1000, 3000, 5000, 10000, or 50000)
- Zoom desktop client
- Windows: 5.6.3 or higher
- macOS: 5.6.3 or higher
How to choose an event type for your attendees
It is mainly about how much participation the audience (attendees) is allowed to have during a webinar or meeting event.
When to choose the webinar event type
Throughout the event, the host directs and presents the experience. Participants cannot turn on their audio or video, but they can interact with the host and panelists using these features (if they are enabled):
When to choose the meeting event type
Attendees can participate in an event (if the feature is enabled) by enabling:
How to add a Zoom Webinar license
Using a Zoom Basic Webinar license, you can host the following OnZoom events:
- Webinars have a maximum duration of 40 minutes.
- Each webinar can accommodate a maximum of 100 participants.
- Only the Zoom Webinar logo can be displayed.
- In the Event Options section, you cannot access the Cloud Recording Settings and Access Permissions options.
You can purchase a Zoom Webinar license if you require more features than what is included in the Basic Webinar license. Simply visit your account’s Billing page or contact sales if you need additional features. If a Zoom Webinar license is purchased, it can be assigned to the user.
How to invite panelists and alternative hosts to webinar events
When you create a webinar event or after you have already published a webinar event, you can invite up to 100 panelists or alternative hosts.
The panelists will receive separate invitations from attendees, which include their unique join URL and other information.
How to increase attendee capacity for events
Increase webinar event’s maximum attendee capacity
A webinar event can have between 500 and 50,000 participants, depending on the webinar license you subscribe to. Upgrade your Zoom Webinar license to increase the maximum number of attendees for your webinar event. The number of attendees for your webinar is not affected by alternative hosts and panelists, but rather by your meeting capacity maximum.
Increase Meeting event’s maximum attendee capacity
A meeting license determines the maximum number of attendees for an event, which ranges from 100 to 1,000. You can increase the maximum number of attendees at your meeting by upgrading your Zoom meeting license.
How to create a webinar event
Attendees are less likely to be distracted during webinars. Video and audio can only be turned on by the host, co-hosts, or panelists.
The steps for creating a webinar are as follows:
- Log in to OnZoom.
- Select Create, then Event.
- Provide the event’s basic information.
- Select Webinar when you create an event under Select the event type.
- Under Select if this is a Free or Paid event, select Free or Paid.
- Enter the rest of the event information, then click Save & Continue.
How to create a meeting event
Attendees can participate in meetings by allowing their video and audio to be turned on.
Create a meeting event by following these steps:
- OnZoom will ask you to sign in.
- Click the Create button.
- Provide the event with the basic info.
- When creating an event, choose Meeting under Select the event type you want.
- To choose whether this is a free event or a paid event, click Free or Paid.
- Add the remaining details, then click Save & Continue.