Zoom Phone licenses can be assigned or removed by the Zoom account owner or admin. A user will receive an extension number when they are assigned a Zoom Phone license. A Zoom Phone license can also be assigned to a Zoom Room to enable outbound and inbound calls.
It is possible to change phone user settings after licenses have been assigned and assign direct phone numbers.
Prerequisites for managing phone users
- Accounts can be Pro, Business, or Education
- Owners or administrators
- Of Zoom Phone licenses
How to assign licenses to existing users
Your existing Zoom users can receive and make phone calls if they have phone licenses (up to 100 licenses at a time). The Users & Rooms page will display extension numbers automatically for all users.
Please refer to the section on batch licensing if you wish to assign more than 100 licenses at once.
- Zoom requires you to sign in.
- Click Phone System Management on the left menu bar, then click Users & Rooms on the right side.
- Then click Add.
- Enter the information as follows:
- Choose the site to which you want users to belong if you created more than one.
- Select the users. Click the checkbox beside the first name of the user you want to assign a license to. The maximum number of users you can select at one time is 100. Confirm your selections.
- A package for outbound calls can be assigned through the Assign button.
- Specify a template to be assigned to users:
- Select the users and apply the template.
- The license is then given to the users.
Each user has a phone assigned by Zoom Phone. A notification email will also include a link to change the basic phone settings and users’ extension information.
- User settings must be edited in order to edit an extension number.
How to re-send the welcome email
A user receives an email notification after he or she is assigned a Zoom Phone license, which includes their extension and a link to change basic phone settings. You can re-send the user’s welcome email if they have not configured their account.
- Zoom’s web portal can be accessed by logging in.
- Click Users & Rooms under Phone System Management in the navigation menu.
- Choose the user’s name.
- Select the Profile tab.
- Lastly, click Resend Invite at the bottom.
How to assign a calling package to a phone user
You can assign a calling package to users after assigning a license if you want them to be able to make outbound calls.
- Log in to Zoom.
- Click the Users & Rooms link in the navigation menu.
- In the last column, click Assign, then Assign Package for the phone user you want to add.
- Click Confirm and Assign Numbers and then choose the calling package.
- Select a phone number and click Confirm if you want Zoom to have that number. Skip if you don’t.
How to assign a license to a new user
The license for Zoom Phone can also be assigned to a new user.
- Register on the Zoom website.
- Under User Management, click Users.
- Choose an account.
- Add a user’s information.
- Select Zoom Phone from the Feature menu.
- Click Add when finished.
- As soon as the user confirms his or her account, an extension number will be assigned. The user will be listed under Phone System Management > Users & Rooms. A notification email will be sent to the user that includes their extension number as well as a link to update their extension.
- In order to enable outbound calls, you must assign a calling package.
How to uninstall software or calling packages from phone users
You can revoke access to Zoom Phone after assigning licenses to users. A license can be reassigned after it has been removed. If you do not want users to be able to make outgoing calls, you can remove their calling packages.
- Log in to the Zoom web portal by entering your username and password.
- Click on the phone system management option in the navigation menu, then select Users & Rooms.
- Make sure you check off the check box beside each user that you wish to remove a calling package or license from.
- Click Remove at the top of the table and click one of these options:
- Remove Users:
- This option allows you to remove licensed users from Zoom Phone. Confirm by clicking Delete.
- Call recordings, voicemails, and history will be deleted. Users will not be able to recover these recordings.
- You must move the user to trash before removing them if you have enabled the Soft Delete Users policy setting.
- Move to Trash:
- Soft Delete Users is only available if the setting is enabled. Go to the Trash and select the user. Users can be restored within 30 days after being soft deleted. Afterwards, the account will permanently delete the phone user.
- You can soft delete a phone user and retain their data, but you will no longer be able to use their calling packages or phone numbers.
- Remove All Packages:
- You can remove all of a user’s calling packages. You must confirm the removal.
- All direct-dial numbers associated with a calling package will also be removed when the package is removed.
- Select an individual user from the drop-down menu by clicking on the more icon (…).