It is possible to bring your webinar to a conclusion if its capacity is reached, and attendees are not able to connect to the webinar via Zoom. Alternatively, you may utilize live streaming through Facebook, Youtube, Workplace by Facebook, or a custom live streaming service to make the webinar available to them. Whenever attendees receive a notification that a webinar has reached its capacity, they will be given the option to join the webinar via the live stream link. When you need to reach a large audience, rerouting the live stream of a webinar can be very useful.
Only public events are affected by this setting.
The following topics are discussed:
- When a webinar is full, enabling will be enabled
- to access the live stream
- Zoom Webinar add-on
- Facebook, Youtube, Workplace for Facebook, or Custom Live Streaming Service enabled and configured
- Zoom desktop client
- Windows: 5.0.3 or higher
- macOS: 5.0.3 or higher
- Zoom mobile app
- Android: 5.0.3 or higher
- iOS: 5.0.3 or higher
Enabling When the webinar has reached capacity
When the webinar has reached capacity, you can enable the viewing of the live stream URL. As a result of this setting, attendees are notified of the webinar’s live stream option and are redirected to the webinar’s live stream.
When all users within the account have reached the capacity of the webinar:
- Admins can edit account settings by logging in to Zoom’s web portal.
- Click Account Management then Account Settings on the navigation panel.
- Select Meeting.
- Verify that the Allow livestreaming of webinars setting is enabled under In Meeting (Advanced).
- Click the toggle to enable it if it is disabled. To verify that the change was made, click Turn On in the dialog box that appears.
- Click the lock icon , then click Lock to confirm the setting. You may also make this a mandatory setting for all users in your account if you choose to do so.
- Choose Remind users to watch the live stream (does not apply to custom RTMP) under When the webinar has reached capacity.
- When finished, click Save.
New Zoom accounts created after August 21, 2021; or accounts that are enabled for the New Admin Experience will see the Group Management page renamed to Groups.
When a group of users has reached capacity for a webinar:
- Sign in as an administrator with the ability to edit groups on the Zoom web portal.
- Select User Management and then Group Management in the navigation panel.
- Then click the Settings tab next to the appropriate group name.
- Click Meetings.
- You can enable live streaming of webinars under In Meeting (Advanced).
- Click the toggle to enable the feature if it is disabled. Verify the change by clicking the Turn On button in the verification dialog box.
- When the option is grayed out, it has been locked at the account level and it needs to be changed at the account level.
- Click the lock icon , and then click Lock to confirm your setting. (Optional) If you want this setting to be mandatory for all users in the group, click on the lock icon .
- Check the box for Remind users to watch the live stream (doesn’t apply to custom RTMP) when the webinar has reached capacity.
- Hit Save.
To enable your own use of the webinar after it reaches capacity:
- Zoom can be accessed by logging in.
- Click Settings on the navigation bar.
- Click Meetings.
- Verify that Allow livestreaming of webinars is enabled under In Meeting (Advanced).
- Click the toggle to enable it if it is disabled. Verify the change by clicking Turn On in the verification dialog box.
- When an option is grayed out, it means that it has been locked either at the group or account level. The Zoom admin should be contacted regarding this issue.
- In the section When the webinar has reached capacity, check the box that says Remind users of the live stream (does not apply to custom RTMP).
- Click the Save button.
As soon as the webinar capacity for existing scheduled webinars has been reached, the following will be enabled:
- You can schedule a webinar.
- All you need to do is sign up on the Zoom website.
- Once you’re there, click on Webinars in the navigation bar.
- Then click on Next Webinars.
- In order to edit a webinar, you need to locate the webinar and click Edit next to its name.
- You will then be given the option of adding a description.
- You will do this by clicking Edit next to When the webinar has reached its capacity on the More Options tab.
- Check the box for Remind users to watch the live stream (this does not apply to custom RTMP streams).
- Click the Save Changes button.
Accessing the live stream URL
In the event that the webinar is full, attendees will be notified that the live stream is available online and redirected to it.
You can access the live stream by visiting the following URL:
- Click Watch Live Stream once you receive the message “This webinar is at capacity.”.
You will be taken to a new page.
- You can access the webinar’s live stream by clicking the link.