If the iPad is a DEP (Device Enrollment Program) device, meaning that it was purchased from Apple or an Apple authorized reseller, then it can be enrolled in ABM (Apple Business Manager) or ASM (Apple School Manager). The Zoom web portal allows you to manage Apple Business Manager-enrolled devices.
Prerequisites for manually adding devices to ABM
- Configured ASM (Apple School Manager) or ABM (Apple Business Manager)
- To enroll devices in Device Enrollment Programs (DEPs)
How to manually add devices to ABM
- Apple Configurator 2 can be downloaded here.
- Connect your device to Apple Configurator 2 and click Prepare.
- Click Manual Configuration.
- Activate and complete the device enrollment process by checking Add to Device Enrollment Program.
Note: The device will enroll in MDM even if it is configured as an automated enrollment device (DEP-enrolled) if Activate is selected and enrollment is completed.
Create the server by following these steps:
- You can find the group enrollment url on the enrollment page of the Zoom web portal. Name the enrollment and copy the url for group enrollment. Then click Manual Enrollment on the Apple tab. Scroll to the bottom of the QR code to find the URL.
Note: In the event that the server’s enrollment URL could not be verified, click Next.
- If you have never created a server before, click Next and select New Server, otherwise choose a server and click Next.
- If you have never created an organization, select New Organization and click Next, otherwise select an existing organization
If you created a new organization:
- Log in using the same Apple ID and password you used to login to ABM/ASM.
- Create a supervision identity.
- From the setup screens, select which to display.
- (Optional): Click Next after selecting the network profile.
- The Automated Enrollment Credentials do not require credentials, click Prepare.
- Once the device has been prepared, click Erase.
- On the screen of the Remote Configuration Screen, click on Next after your device has rebooted and has connected to the network.
As soon as the device reboots you should see a black screen that says “Resetting iPad” and the device will restart once more.
- Once you have completed the setup screens, within a few minutes of the home screen appearing on your device, the Zoom Rooms controller app will be downloaded and launched.