Mask the phone numbers of meeting participants by enabling the Mask phone number setting in the participant list. 888****666 will appear as a masked phone number, for example.
How to enable Mask phone number in the participant list
For all users in the account to see Mask phone number in the participant list you will need to follow these steps:
- If you are an owner or admin with the privilege of editing account settings, sign in to Zoom’s web portal from your computer.
- Then go to Account Management and click Account Settings from the navigation bar.
- Then choose Audio Conferencing from the drop-down menu.
- Verify that the option to mask participant phone numbers is enabled in the drop-down menu.
- Should it not be enabled, turn it on by clicking the toggle. You may be prompted to verify this action by clicking the Enable button.
- There will be no change to settings for groups and users that had previously been changed.
- It is also possible to make this setting mandatory for all users in your account. Click the lock icon, and then click Lock to confirm that this setting will be made mandatory for all users in your account.
The Group Management page has been renamed to Groups on your Zoom account if you registered for a new account after August 21, 2021 or if you enabled the New Admin Experience in your account.
Mask phone numbers will be enabled in the participants list in the following way for a group of users:
- It is highly recommended that you log into the Zoom web portal as an administrator with the ability to edit groups.
- Simply click on User Management, followed by Group Management in the navigation panel.
- Then click the tab for Audio Conferencing under the appropriate group name on the list.
- In the participant list, make sure that the option to mask phone numbers is checked.
- Click the toggle switch to enable this setting if it is disabled. Click Enable to verify that the change has been made if a verification dialog appears.
- Grayed out options means the account level has locked them and they need to be reopened.
- The next time you want to make this setting mandatory for all users in the group, you should click the lock icon, then confirm the setting by clicking Lock.
You can use the Mask phone number in your own participant list by following these steps:
- Zoom’s web portal can be accessed by signing in.
- Click Settings at the top of the page.
- Scroll down to Audio Conferences.
- In the participant list, make sure that Mask phone number is selected.
- You can enable the setting by clicking the toggle button if it is disabled. You can verify the change by clicking Enable if you are asked to confirm the change.
- In the case of grayed-out options, it may be because either the group or the account has locked them. The Zoom administrator will need to be contacted.