Muting notifications during meetings can help you avoid distractions. While in the meeting, you will still be notified about meeting activity-for example, when someone sends you a message in the chat. However, all other activity will be muted.
Mute during a meeting
You can muffle notifications in a meeting by selecting More actions > Mute notifications at the top of the meeting window.
Select More actions > Allow notifications while in the meeting to turn them back on.
Mute from your settings
- Settings and more > Settings > Notifications can be found in the top right corner of Teams.
- Select Edit for Meetings and Calls.
- When a meeting or a call is taking place, turn the Mute notification toggle on.
Are you interested in learning more? For more information, see Team Meetings.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I mute notifications in Microsoft Teams?
Turn on Mute notifications during meetings and calls by selecting Edit next to Meetings and Calls.
How do I hide team notifications when presenting?
- The first step is to open a team.
- Go to your profile picture and click on it.
- You can manage your account by clicking “Manage account”.
- Click on “Privacy”.
- Select “Manage priority access” from the menu.
- The priority contact’s name should now be typed out.
What does Do Not Disturb do in Microsoft Teams?
Does Do Not Disturb stop notifications on Teams?