The company informs us that some MXL AC-360-Z microphones from a recent batch were manufactured with a defective onboard chip that is causing the microphone to malfunction. In the event that the microphone is not recognized as being able to provide 4 channels of audio when using Zoom Rooms for Mac, this defect is the result of this defective chip.
The MXL AC-360-Z microphones were purchased between August 17 and September 26, 2018 and as such, it is possible the Zoom Rooms application will not work properly if you purchased them between August 17 and September 26, 2018.
How to troubleshoot MXL AC360Z issues with Zoom Rooms
- The Zoom Rooms Controller does not affect your device if it shows up as USB Audio Codec (number) on the Zoom Rooms interface.
- If the MXL AC360Z is connected to a Zoom Rooms for PC (Windows) and appears on the Zoom Rooms controller interface for that PC as MXL AC360Z(0), your device is not functionally affected. A cosmetic issue has been identified with the product label, which should read MXL AC360Z(0) instead of MXL AC360Z(number). As of release 4.1.6(35121.1201) and higher, this cosmetic issue has been fixed.
- Your device is functionally affected if you are connecting the MXL AC360Z to a Zoom Room for Mac (MacOS). You will need to request a replacement unit from MXL (step 5).
- It is important to note that you will not be able to combine both the MXL AC360Z(0) and USB Audio Codec (number) in the same Zoom Room for Mac and Windows at this time. MXL AC404Z and MXL AC360Z can be mixed together and both will be listed as USB Audio Codecs (numbers) in the descriptors.
- MXL’s internal agent in charge of this issue can be contacted at the following number to open a replacement claim:
- To reach Steve Curto, please call +1(800) 800-6608 x 1124 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org
- As of Nov 5, 2018, MXL will begin replacing boards and hopes to finish by Nov 30, 2018. It is currently reprogramming the on-board chips.
- The latest Zoom Rooms software for Mac or PC should be downloaded once you have your new MXL (MXL-AC360v2).
We deeply regret this unfortunate incident and thank you for your trust in the MXL and Zoom brands. The situation is being rectified immediately and we apologize for any inconvenience caused.