After joining a Zoom meeting on iOS or Android, if you experience microphone or speaker issues, follow these troubleshooting steps.
Prerequisites for troubleshooting audio on iOS or Android
You can download Zoom’s mobile app on iOS or Android (getting it on the App Store or Google Play)
Troubleshooting Speaker Issues
Follow these steps to troubleshoot a Zoom meeting if you cannot hear other participants.
- Make sure your speaker is turned on. You can turn on your speaker if your top-left corner icon is off: When you tap it, your speaker will be activated:
- Use the volume buttons or notification panel to turn the volume up on your device. In Zoom, even if the speaker is turned on, your device’s volume might only be set to vibrate or mute.
- Use your earphones instead.
- Restart your smartphone.
- Reinstall Zoom from Google Play or the Apple App Store.
Troubleshooting Microphone Issues
You can troubleshoot any microphone issues with the Zoom mobile app by following these steps:
- Make sure the microphone is not muted. To unmute yourself, tap the muted Audio icon in the meeting controls:
You may still be muted if the host muted you when you entered the meeting. Send a chat message to the host to ask to be unmuted.
- Connect your mobile device’s audio. Select Call Over Internet if you see the Join Audio icon in the meeting controls. Allow Zoom to access your microphone if prompted.
- If you are using earphones, consider using a microphone.
- Make sure Zoom has access to your device’s microphone.
- Go to Settings > Privacy > Microphone and turn on Zoom.
- Zoom can be enabled under Settings > Apps & notifications > App permissions or Permission Manager > Microphone.
- Please make sure that the microphone isn’t being used by other applications.
- You can see which apps are running by double-tapping the “Home” button. Apps can be closed by swiping up.
- You can view currently running apps by tapping the multitask button (the square icon in the bottom-right corner). To close an application, swipe left or right.
- Restart your iPhone.
- Install Zoom again from the Apple App Store or Google Play.