Here are a few things you can try if you’re experiencing problems with your Teams chat list not showing the latest messages or threads.
- For a refresh to happen, you need to restart Teams.
You can find the Microsoft Teams icon in your Taskbar if you are using Windows. You can quit the program by right-clicking the icon and selecting Quit. The Teams app will now be forced to quit as a result of this action. The latest messages should appear again after the application has restarted.
By pressing Option, Command, Esc on a Mac, you will be able to force-quit the Teams app by pushing the buttons on the keyboard. Furthermore, there is a setting that allows you to force quitting Microsoft Teams from the Apple menu if it is running. Then you have the option to choose Microsoft Teams from the list of programs in the list.
- The easiest way to make sure your internet connection is working is to open a browser and visit any website you like to make sure it is working.
- You can use the web version of the Teams app, if you’re using the desktop or mobile apps for the Teams, by clicking here: https://teams.microsoft.com/web.
- You can sign out of Teams by selecting the sign-out option under the menu options at the top right of the program, then by clicking on the option to sign out, which can be found next to your profile picture. Afterwards, Teams will close, so open it again, enter your email and password again, and you will be able to access it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is Microsoft Teams chat not loading?
Why can’t I see the chat in a Microsoft Teams meeting?
Why does Team take so long to load messages?
How do I clear cache in Microsoft Teams?
- Click on the Settings app and then select Apps under Storage.
- Select Teams from the list of apps on the left side of the screen.
- Make sure that the option to clear the cache is selected.