In order for users of Zoom IM to be able to use the Zoom IM function from Outlook, the Outlook IM integration is necessary. You can find some helpful information in this article that will help you resolve some of the common issues from previous releases.
This article covers:
- After uninstalling the Zoom desktop client (including the Zoom VDI Client), my Skype for Business integration stops working
- When I use APPV to deploy Zoom VDI client, Zoom outlook IM integration does not work
- Can I deploy two different APPV Zoom VDI client at the same time?
- When I use APPV to deploy Zoom VDI client, after upgrade to a new version, my Skype for business outlook integration stop working
- How to use the CleanZoom.exe for recovering HKLM/HKCR/all users’ HKCU registry keys
- How to use the Script skb_repair.ps1 for recovering HKCU registry keys
After uninstalling the Zoom desktop client (including the Zoom VDI Client), my Skype for Business integration stops working
In Zoom VDI Client versions older than 5.5.8 and Zoom desktop client versions older than 5.6.6, there is a known issue with the Zoom desktop client.
It is also possible to resolve this issue by installing the latest version of the Zoom desktop client or Zoom VDI client, which will fix this issue.
Please run the PowerShell script to repair the Zoom VDI Client if the user must continue to use a version older than the 5.5.8 release.
When I use the APPV to deploy the Zoom VDI client after I upgrade to a new version, the Zoom outlook IM integration does not work
Please ensure that you enable Allow All COM Objects to Interact with Local Systems when using APPV to deploy Zoom VDI client if you are using APPV to deploy Zoom VDI client. By editing your APPV package and checking this option in the Advanced tab, you will be able to do so.
Can I deploy two different APPV Zoom VDI client at the same time?
The integration between Outlook IM and Outlook will be broken if you try this. During the packaging process, please ensure that you uncheck the Allow All Com Objects to Interact with Local Systems checkbox if you do not need the outlook integration function.
When I use the APPV to deploy the Zoom VDI client, after I upgrade to a new version, my Skype for business outlook integration does not work
The older version of the APPV package needs to be unpublished before the new version of the APPV package can be published.
It would be helpful if you could check if you have a mechanism for backing up and restoring the HKCU registry keys. As a result of this, the skype for business outlook IM integration function could be broken because HKCU registry keys pointing to a non-existing zoom APPV package location are restored, which may lead to the skype for business outlook IM integration function not working.
If this happens, please run the CleanZoom tool on the affected system as soon as possible.
How to use the CleanZoom.exe for recovering HKLM/HKCR/all users’ HKCU registry keys
In order to determine if any registry keys need to be restored, you can run “CleanZoom.exe /check_skype_regkey” as administrator. In the CleanZoom tool, there will be a folder in which the log will be located.
For Skype for business to work properly, you will need to run “CleanZoom.exe /restore_skype_regkey” as administrator in order to recover the registry keys needed.
How to use the Script skb_repair.ps1 for recovering HKCU registry keys
- Download the skb_repair.ps1 file.
- Start PowerShell as administrator.
- Run “set-executionpolicy unrestricted” in PowerShell, and type “Y” to allow this setting.
- Run “&.\skb_repair.ps1” to repair HKCU.
- Log is in “C:\temp\skb_repair.log”.
All content and images credit goes to https://support.zoom.us