A team is a group of people who get together for work or projects, or have common interests, with the aim of accomplishing specific goals.
Each team is comprised of two types of channels – standard channels that are accessible and visible to everyone and private channels that are focused on a specific audience. Every channel has a special purpose. You can have a channel for “Team Events,” for business names, or simply to have fun. In a channel, meetings can be held, conversations can be held, and people can collaborate on files together in real time.
Throughout the channel, you will find tabs that will take you to your favorite files, apps, and services.
Add a tab
- The tabs can be expanded by selecting the plus sign.Using Planner, you can track team tasks using a project board.
Channels can be pinned and unpinned
You may want to pin the most important channels if you have a lot of them, so that you will be able to find them easily.
- It is possible to pin a channel by choosing one to pin, then selecting More channels > Pin to pin it.
- It’s easy to unpin a channel: simply select the channel you want to unpin and select More channels > Unpin, then select more options as needed to learn how to do it.
Check all steps in Video
Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT IS Teams and channels in Microsoft Teams?
What are channels used for in Microsoft Teams?
How many channels can a Microsoft team have?
Where are the channels in Microsoft Teams?
What is the difference between Teams chat and channel?
How do you manage channel Teams?
Can Teams channels have different members?
Are private channels visible in Teams?
Where are Teams channel posts stored?
How do you create a Team channel?
- To create a private channel for a specific team, go to that team’s page and click More options > …
- The name and description of your channel should be entered here.
- Then select the down arrow in the Privacy section on the right and select Private – Specific teammates have access to this profile.
- The private channel will be added to the team by selecting the Create button.