In the webinar polling feature, you can create single-choice or multiple-choice polling questions that will appear during the webinar. Your attendees will be able to take part in the poll during your webinar, so you will be able to get their responses. In addition to the ability to download the results of the polling, you will also be able to download a report following the webinar.
If you don’t want to collect attendance information with the poll results, you can also conduct anonymous polls.
Polls can be launched by hosts and co-hosts, but only the host can create a new poll. As well as not being able to vote themselves, hosts and co-hosts cannot participate in polls. They can choose whether panelists can participate or not when they launch the poll.
The complete results of the poll, including the numbers of answers given by each participant and their submission times, can be found in the polling reports, which are made available after the webinar by default, but can also be made available during the live event.
Additionally, advanced polls and quizzes can also be created and launched.
It is possible to create standard polls or advanced polls in a meeting as well.
This article covers:
- Limitations for polling
- How to add poll questions
- How to launch a poll
- Downloading a report of poll results
Prerequisites for polling for webinars
- Zoom Webinar add-on
- Webinar polling enabled
- Zoom desktop client
- Windows: version 5.1.2 or higher
- macOS: version 5.1.2 or higher
- Linux: version 5.1.422789.0705 or higher
- Zoom mobile app*
- Android: version 5.5.0 or higher
- iOS: version 5.5.0 or higher
- Zoom web client
Users on iOS or Android mobile apps can participate in polling, but hosts must use the desktop client to manage polling.
Limitations for polling
- There is a default setting that only the original webinar host is able to edit or add polls during a webinar. By transferring the role of host or co-host to another user, the user will only be able to launch polls that have already been created. The alternative host can add or edit polls, but the host must enable a setting allowing the alternative host to add or edit polls when setting the alternative host.
- The maximum amount of polls you can create for a single meeting is 50 polls, with each poll containing a maximum of ten questions.
- The poll report will only display the last poll instance when a poll is relaunched as part of a webinar. You may want to consider creating a second poll with the same questions as the original poll in case you need to launch the same poll twice and want both sets of data in order to avoid having to launch the poll twice.
How to add poll questions
It is possible to create polling questions ahead of time, or to do so in real time during the meeting. The process of creating or editing a poll in a live meeting will be conducted via the web portal.
- Log in to the Zoom web portal.
- Select Webinars from the navigation menu
- Click on topic of your scheduled webinar.
- Schedule a webinar now if you don’t already have one scheduled.
- Scroll down to the Polls section.
- Click + Create to start the poll creation process. You will see two options if advanced polling and quizzes are enabled, and you will select poll.
- If you wish to rename this poll, select Untitled Poll.
- Edit the following details by clicking on the question area:
- You can edit the polling question name by clicking the Untitled Question area.
- The drop down menu to the right of the polling question allows you to select the question type:
- Single Choice:
- Participants are only allowed to select one of the provided answers.
- Multiple Choice:
- Participants can select more than one answer.
- By clicking on each blank, you will be able to enter a choice for participants to choose from.
- To add additional choices, click the + Add Choice button.
- The current question will be deleted.
- The current question will be duplicated.
- If you wish, you can add another question.
- Each question and individual answers for a question can be reordered as needed.
- Use this button to access the following options:
- Allow participants to answer questions anonymously:
- As part of the poll, participants have the option of having their answers associated with their names, or to provide their answers anonymously.
- Click on Save to proceed.
We will conduct a poll at the beginning of the meeting which will ask all questions under one heading. There is the possibility of creating additional polls during the webinar in order to ask questions at a different time.
- A single meeting can only include 25 polls.
- The poll report displays the last occurrence of a poll only if it is relaunched during a webinar. It is a good idea to create a second poll that contains the same questions as the original poll if you will need to launch the same poll twice.
How to launch a poll
- Launch the polling-enabled Zoom webinar.
- Click the Poll button in the webinar controls.
- If more than one poll was created, select the poll you want to launch at the top of the polling window.
- Optionally, select Allow panel members to vote.
- Then click Launch.
- There will now be a polling question that will be presented to webinar attendees (and possibly panelists as well). Results will be visible to the host.
- Please click End Poll when you are finished.
- You will need to click on the button to access the following options:
- Re-launch Poll:
- This will relaunch the poll.
- The poll report does not display the last poll occurrence if a poll is relaunched during a meeting. Create a second poll with the same questions as the original if you need to launch the same poll twice and need both sets of data. This will prevent you from having to launch the poll twice.
- Download results:
- Upon clicking this, you will be able to launch your default web browser and will be able to download the complete poll report, which will include not only the percentages for each choice, but what each participant selected.
- You can request this feature to be enabled from Zoom Technical Support if you do not have this option.
- View Results from Browser:
- Opens your default web browser and displays the same polling results as in the web page of your default web browser.
- The results can be shared with other meeting participants by clicking the Share Results button.