Zoom Marketplace lets you search for apps that can be integrated with Zoom to enhance your experience with the software. Apps can be found and installed from the marketplace website by searching for different categories. Admins and account owners are also able to pre-approve an app for installation from the marketplace website.
Prerequisites for getting started with Zoom App Marketplace
- Zoom account for installing apps
- Owner or admin privileges for configuring pre-approval
How to configure pre-approval
A member of the account can be required to pre-approve integrations before they can be installed, allowing admins to have more control over integrations. Members of the account can request approval, which will notify the admin, or the admin can pre-approve apps that are already cleared for use.
All single-user accounts that have not yet accessed Marketplace have pre-approval disabled, whereas all multi-user accounts that have not yet accessed Marketplace have pre-approval enabled. SinglAdding an additional user will remind single-user accounts of preapproval settings.
Note: You can follow these instructions to search for apps from Marketplace.
- Zoom’s online portal can be accessed by logging in.
- Navigate to Advanced, then click App Marketplace.
- Click Manage at the top of the page.
- Click Permissions under ADMIN APP MANAGEMENT.
- Select the following options:
- Apps that are publicly listed:
- Enable the option Require publicly listed apps on the Zoom App Marketplace to be pre-approved for your users, then click Enable in the Enable Pre-approve section. A pop-up window appears.
- Check Allow publicly listed apps created by Zoom to be added without admin approval if you want to exempt Zoom-created apps from admin approval.
- Admins do not need to approve apps created by members of your organization if they are publicly listed.
- Apps that are not listed:
- Click the toggle to allow your users to pre-approve unlisted apps on the Zoom App Marketplace, then click Enable in the Enable Pre-approve section? pop-up window.
- To exempt Zoom-created apps from admin preapproval, check Allow unlisted apps to be added without admin approval.
- To exempt apps created by a member of your organization from admin pre-approval, check Allow unlisted apps created by users in your account to be added without admin approval.
How to pre-approve individual apps
If the owner or administrator needs pre-approval, they can still search for apps on the Marketplace and pre-approve them individually. Other account users can install pre-approved apps.
Note: If you have not approved an app in the App Marketplace, users on your account can request to install the app. If this occurs, you will receive an email from email@example.com with more information.
- Log in to Marketplace as an administrator
- Select an app by searching for it and clicking on the icon.
- To enable Approve use of this app, click the toggle in the App permissions section.
- To pre-approve all users in this account, All users on this account is selected by default.
- If you would rather pre-approve the application for a certain group or user, you can select Specific users on this account.
- Click Add users, then choose Add an individual user or Add a user group.
- Then, click Add after typing the email address of the user or the name of the group.
A preapproved app can be made available to both individual users and groups of users.
Review existing pre-approvals
For your account, you can review the applications that have already been pre-approved. Using the Active Apps Notifier Report, you can review all apps that have recently accessed data.
- Admins and owners should sign in to the MarketIn the top right corner,he page, click Manage.
- You can find Apps on Account under ADMIN APP MANAGEMENT.
- Review a list of apps you have pre-approved by clicking the Pre-approved Apps tab.
- Click the pencil icon to make changes to the permissions of who can install the app.
- (Optional) If you desire to disable the app for your users, click on the toggle under Action.
Approve or decline app requests
All open pre-approval requests can be managed by admins and owners. Admins receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with additional details for each request.
- Then click Manage.
- Under ADMIN APP MANAGEMENT, click App Requests.
- To approve an app, click the Active Requests tab.
- Choose Approve or decline for all users on the account or Approve or decline for specific users who requested to install this app.
- Then click OK.
To learn more about managing the Zoom App Marketplace, please refer to the Marketplace admin guide