By logging into the Zoom web portal, administrators can provision Zoom for Home devices for their users. Admins can configure the basic device settings for home users, simplifying the setup process for them.
- Room Management access role
- Compatible with Zoom for Home
Zoom for Home does not require a special license. If you have any Zoom Rooms licenses in your organization, you can provision Zoom for Home devices for any user you wish without using up any Zoom Rooms licenses.
How to provision a device
- Register for a Zoom account.
- Choose Zoom Rooms from the Room Management menu.
- Choose a room and click Create.
- Give the room a name. Click Personal Zoom Room under Room Type.
- Choose who the room belongs to.
How to configure device settings
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal using your email address and password.
- Then click Zoom Rooms and click Room Management.
- Click the Edit button in the Rooms category.
How a home user completes the setup
On the device’s screen, a prompt appears that allows the user to tap and select the provisioned device once the setup instructions have been completed.