Using push-to-talk, you can remain muted throughout your Zoom meeting and press the spacebar to become unmuted and talk.
Find out about all host controls in a meeting or all attendee controls in a meeting.
Prerequisites for using push-to-talk
- 4.1.23108.0402 or later version of Zoom desktop client for Mac; 4.1.23108.0402 or later version of Zoom desktop client for Windows
How to enable push-to-talk
- You can change your profile settings by clicking your profile picture in Zoom’s desktop client.
- Select Audio on the left-hand menu.
- To temporarily unmute yourself, press and hold the SPACE key.
- The setting is now active. The settings can now be closed.
How to use push-to-talk
You can speak when you are muted in a Zoom meeting and the Zoom window is in focus if you hold the spacebar. You will see a message on your screen indicating that you are temporarily unmuted and the microphone will appear green when you talk.
Note: If the host prevents participants from unmuting, you will not be able to unmute yourself with push to talk.