If you want to pass settings from Zoom’s web portal to the Zoom desk phone, you will need to resync the desk phones. Resynchronize the desk phones with your web portal after making the following changes:
- I have changed the settings on my desk phone
- For all devices in my account, including phones and desk phones
- Phones I have configured call delegation and shared telephone numbers
- Changed numbers as well as the line keys
- For the provision template if it was assigned
- Assigning a rule to auto-pull firmware updates whenever a resync is performed or when a firmware update is automatically applied
- Desk phones can also be re-synchronized using the zero touch provisioning server.
- In Poly and Yealink, the new provisioning is automatically received without the need for a restart. In some cases, however, a restart may be necessary if the settings have been changed.
Prerequisites for re-syncing phones and devices
- Account type: Business, Education, or Pro
- Access to account owners or administrators
- Licensed to use Zoom Phone
- Added and provisioned Zoom Phone devices
How to re-sync all desk phones and common area phones in the account or site
- Log into Zoom’s online portal.
- Click on Phone System Management in the navigation menu, then on Phones & Devices in the submenu that appears.
- Click Resync Devices from the list of options to the left.
- Choose one of the following options from the Target Device drop-down menu:
- Resynchronize all phones in the account.
- Synchronize all phones in the site. To select a site, use the drop-down menu on the left side of your screen.
- Select Resync.
A reboot will occur.
How to re-sync a desk phone or common area phone
- Access Zoom’s web portal by signing in.
- Select the phone you want:
- User desk phones:
- Select Manage Phone System, then Devices & Phones from the left-hand menu.
- Common area phones:
- To access the management screen, select Phone System Management, then select Users & Rooms. Click on the Common Area Phones tab.
- Resynchronize the phone by clicking its display name.
- If you want to resynchronize, click Resync, then confirm.
A reboot will follow.