Zoom Rooms configured for use by a single user in an at-home workplace are called Home Office Zoom Rooms (HZRs) and have specific settings. A HZR setup will not allow you to create certain settings, such as a scheduling display. It is not recommended to run nightly audio tests. It is recommended to use the default settings if there is no mention of a specific setting on this page.
This article covers:
- Pre-setup Checklist
- How to setup a calendar
- How to add a new Zoom Room
- How to configure the recommended settings
- Home Office Zoom Rooms in a business environment
- This license is for Zoom Rooms
- Administrators who are in charge of accessing the Zoom Rooms system
- Via Zoom Rooms devices are called Zoom Room system administrators
- Home Office Zoom Rooms should have a process that enables users to specify their favorite contacts for inclusion in the Home Office Zoom Rooms.
- Zoom Rooms administrators should speak with home workers about their bandwidth availability in order to determine whether their devices meet the minimum system requirements and/or the HD group setting requirements for the Zoom Rooms.
- Home users must be granted view only access to Zoom Rooms settings if they wish to view the settings of their Home Office Zoom Rooms on the web.
- These users will be able to see the entire Zoom Room settings with view only access.
How to setup a calendar
- Zoom Rooms admins will need GSuite accounts with calendar capability, or access to the Zoom Rooms calendars managed by the existing GSuite accounts. GSuite accounts will also need the ability to subscribe to Zoom Rooms calendars.
- Admins can set up their calendars as follows:
- Subscribe to the home worker’s calendar on the calendar service your Zoom Rooms are currently using. Follow these instructions if you still need to set up Zoom Rooms’ calendar service.
- Subscribe to the home worker’s calendar by creating a new calendar service. Each Home Office Zoom Room user will use this separate calendar service.
How to add a new Zoom Room
- Click on Room Management, then Zoom Rooms, when logged in as an administrator.
- Click on Add Room. For example, Jeff’s Zoom Room should be entered as the room name.
- (Optional) Add a calendar.
- Select Zoom Room as the room type.
- Click Finish to complete the process.
The following information should be sent to the home user after the setup has been completed:
- Activation code for the user
- Password for the room
- Room’s personal link
- The host key
- The password for the room meeting ID (if enabled)
How to configure the recommended settings
Click Edit on the Room Management page of the web portal once you have located the newly created Zoom Room. Follow these steps to modify a Home Office Zoom Room. Keep the default settings if none are listed.
- Rooms Profile tab
- Rooms Profile – Basic
- If you have an avatar, upload it.
- Room name:
- Put your user name as the name of the room.
- Follow the instructions above to set up your calendar.
- Room Passcode:
- The last 4 digits of the user’s phone number could be used as a unique identifier.
- Hide Room in Contacts:
- Set to On.
- Rooms Profile – Setup
- Room Personal Link:
- If you want to remember this string, make it all lowercase (for example, johnsmithpzr).
- Host Key:
- Your username should be unique.
- Default Call in Country/Region:
- Pick the country in which the user will be using the app.
- Rooms Profile – Room Location
- If any changes need to be made, do so here.
- Rooms Profile – Phone Integration
- For Zoom Phone:
- Select Users and Rooms from Phone System Management. Once you have clicked on the Zoom Rooms tab, you should have the ability to add rooms. Select the site. Choose the name of your Zoom room for the Home Office.
- Rooms Profile – Devices
- Leave as is.
- Rooms Profile – Control System API
- leave as is.
- Rooms Profile – Device Management
Leave as is.
- Meeting tab
- Meeting – Zoom Rooms
- Display Meetings on TV:
- You may consider this personal data. Make sure the user knows where the TV will go. Consider turning this setting Off if it will be shown to people passing by (in which case people passing by might see the schedule). Transform all meetings to private can also be turned on by the Zoom Room admin (see below).
- Automatically accept incoming calls and far end camera control:
- For personal locations, turn it off.
- Lock speaker volume control on controller:
- Automatic direct sharing using ultrasonic proximity signal:
- It is recommended that you set the device to Off if you intend to place it in an area that is frequented by a family of young children or dogs that may be susceptible to an ultrasonic signal
- Automatic start scheduled meetings:
- Automatically stop scheduled meetings:
- Audio Device Daily Auto Testing:
- Encrypt direct share content:
- Show call history in Zoom Rooms:
- Show contact list on controller:
- Count the number of attendees in the Zoom Room: You should turn on the Off setting if your device is in a location from which other individuals or family members might be visible.
- Meeting – Schedule Meeting
- Use RMI when starting an instant meeting:
- Require a password when scheduling new meetings:
- Require a password for instant meetings:
- Require a password for Room Meeting ID (Applicable for Zoom Rooms only):
- Creating the user’s password, make sure it is unique. Make a note of the password created for the home user so that it can be given to them later.
- Meeting – In Meeting (Basic)
- Enable chat notifications on TV:
- Group HD Video:
- Check that the user’s network at home is capable of supporting HD video system requirements.
- Meeting – In Meeting (Advanced)
- Breakout Rooms:
- Far end camera control:
- Waiting Room:
- Meeting – Recording
Leave as is.
- Meeting – Security
Let it be as it is.
- Meeting – 3rd Party Audio Conferencing
- Display tab
Leave the defaults.
- Alert tab
The chances of devices turning on and off or bandwidth issues are higher in a home environment. Home users may find several alerts a nuisance if they are regularly occurring.
- Digital Signage tab
The default settings should be kept.
- Schedule Display tab
Users at home should turn off all these settings. Zoom Room can be setup as a business environment in the home office environment.
Home Office Zoom Rooms in a business environment
We recommend that these be configured as a common Zoom Room so that users can see whether there are any users in the room.
- Schedule Display tab
- Instant Room Reservation:
- All to reserve other rooms:
- You can use the image of the person whose Zoom Room the Home Office belongs to as a background image. In the absence of that option, choose the same background as the Zoom Room.
- LED Enclosure Integration:
- Set to the company default.