Use this guide to troubleshoot any issues you may be experiencing when recording and playing back Cisco Webex sessions. If you are looking for other helpful content, please visit our Collaboration Help Portal.
Record and Playback Help
MP4 Recordings Default in Webex Meetings 40.10
Webex Meetings will be upgraded to version 40.10 in October, which will enable all future recordings within Webex Meetings to be stored in MP4 format. Depending on the preferences configured at the site or host level, recordings will be stored either in the cloud or locally. Having a standardized recording format also means that you will have an increased choice of options for playback tools, a greater level of security, and an easier way to collaborate. On the Webex site, you will still be able to download or play existing ARFs and WRFs that are on the site. It can be found in the Webex Meetings and Webex Events section of the documentation that you can get more information about video-centric network-based MP4 recordings.
Classic View Deprecation for Meetings
Our Classic View portal for all Webex Meetings features, starting with the September 2020 (40.9) update, will be deprecated as of the September 2020 (40.9) update. There will be no change to customers’ ability to have access to Webex Meetings-specific functions via the Classic View interface, however they will no longer be able to access the Classic View interface for Webex Events (Classic) and Webex Training. The modern view supports the following features as described in What’s Supported? Section.
Upload Recordings and Disable Recording Downloads Support
The new upload recording functionality will be available directly from the Recordings page for users using Modern View.
In order to be able to add a recording to Modern View, you no longer have the option to either provide a URL or use a file that is already on the Webex network. In the case that I am playing back a recording I uploaded, I am not able to adjust the speed of the playback, edit the range of the playback, or perform transcription.
Besides enabling or disabling the option to prevent recording download from the Modern View Recordings page, users of Modern View will also be able to enable or disable this option.
Network Based Recording
- WBX48625 – No Sound when Playing Back a Network-Based Recording (NBR)
- WBX75780 – Error: ‘General Error Occurred in File Operation’ When Trying to Playback Network-Based Recordings (NBR) File
- WBX61722 – Error: ‘Unknown file format. You may update your Network Recording Player and try again.’
- WBX37176 – Playback Control Section is Missing from the Network-Based Recording Properties Page
- WBX57354 – NBR Recording Freezes/Hangs at Buffering During Playback
- WBX87936 – TelePresence Video is not Captured in Meeting Center Video Conferencing and CMR Hybrid Meeting Recordings
- WBX5661 – The Local Recorder (.WRF) is not Recording Computer Audio
- WBX614 – Unable to Play Streamed WRF File
Converting a Recording
- WBX56022 – Prompted to Enter URL, Account Name and Password when Converting an NBR to .MP4 Format
- WBX53556 – A Green Bar is Displayed at the Bottom of a Converted Recording
- WBX36306 – Embedded Video is Missing or Showing a Black Screen after being Converted from .ARF to .WMV
- WBX72961 – Error: ‘You have no recording storage allocation. Contact your site administrator to increase the storage allocation.’
- WBX40278 – Event Recording Access Report Displays Anonymous Viewers
- WBX35982 – Unable to Delete a Network-Based Recording File
- WBX1203 – I’m Unable to Upload a Recording to My Recordings
- WBX000029032 – I Can’t Find the Recording for My Meeting
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Webex recording automatically save?
There is an automatic saving of Webex recordings in the cloud, so it is possible to share and download them at any time if necessary. It will automatically generate a transcript of the conversation. Take a look at Webex transcripts to learn more about them
Can you record calls on Webex?
Go to the customer view in https://admin.webex.com, click Users, and then select a user from the list of users. Then you need to select the Calling tab, scroll down to the User Call Experience section, and turn on the Call Recording option.
Where is record in Webex?
Go to the Webex site of your company and sign in. If you click on Recordings, you will be able to see all of the recordings you have made for Webex. Your recording is likely to be received within 24 hours, depending on the file size and bandwidth of your computer.
How do you record a Webex meeting if you are not the host?
Using Android 11, you can record Webex meetings in the following way:
Select the Screen Recorder option from the Quick Settings menu at the top of the screen. After choosing your audio and video settings, tap the Done button in order to complete the process. Ensure that Android Screen Recorder has permission to access your device in order to record your screen. Start the recording by clicking the Start Recording button.
How do I enable record in Webex?
In order to access the Configuration > Common Site Settings > Options page, you must sign into Site Administration. To enable users to save recordings directly to their computers, you need to check the box Enable local recording in the Site Options section of the site for Webex meetings, Webex events, training sessions, and Webex Teams sessions.
Does Webex record automatically?
If you are a Webex site administrator, you can enable the automatic recording of all Webex sessions across your entire site. By enabling this feature, Webex will automatically begin recording every meeting or event that is hosted by any of your users.
Why can’t I record on Webex?
Could you please tell me why I am not able to record? There is a possibility that you are not the meeting host. Please request the host of the meeting to record the meeting if you were invited to the meeting. During the meeting, if there is no host present, then the co-host will take over the role and record the meeting on his or her behalf.
Does Webex allow screen recording?
The Webex Recorder for Windows will enable you to record all screen activity appearing on the screen of any application on your computer. If you have an additional adapter for taking multimedia audio and if you have a microphone attached to your computer, you will be able to record voice over narration. It is possible to play recordings by using the Webex Player.
All images and contents credit goes to help.webex.com