An error-filled transcript is not desirable. If the quality of the audio is poor, you are likely to get an incorrect transcription.
It is easy to prevent this from happening. We provide some tips on how to record high-quality audio to ensure accurate transcriptions in this article.
Prerequisites for recording accurate transcripts
- Cloud recording is available with a business or enterprise license
How to record audio for accurate transcripts
- Make sure that the background noise is kept to a minimum.
- I would like to ask the participants to speak clearly into the microphone, and refrain from shuffling papers, typing loudly, or talking among themselves during the discussion.
- Make sure to place the microphone in the right place. It is a good idea to place a microphone near those who are talking during your meeting, especially if many people will be seated together sharing the same dial-in.
- For better sound quality, use an external microphone rather than a built-in one.