It is possible to manage Zoom Rooms remotely by using the Zoom Rooms web interface. The Zoom Room admin can easily choose the speaker, microphone or camera in a Zoom Room, or restart the Zoom Room computer or Zoom Room app remotely.
This article covers:
- Remote management for Zoom Room speakers, microphones or cameras
- Remote management for Zoom Room computers and apps
Management of remote speakers, microphones, or cameras:
- Manage Zoom Rooms as owner, admin, or any other role with this permission
- Version 3.6x and higher of Zoom Rooms for Mac or PC/Touch
- PC/Touch, including the iPad controller for Zoom Rooms, version 3.6x and higher
In order to manage Zoom Rooms, please follow these steps:
- It is the owner of the account, the administrator, and the role that has the permissions to manage Zoom Rooms
- There is currently no version of Zoom Rooms available for Mac (33237.0924) or higher
- Version 4.1.5 (33237.0925) or higher of Zoom Rooms for PC is recommended
- In order to take advantage of the kiosk mode on Zoom Room devices
Remote management for Zoom Room speakers, microphones or cameras
- Log into the Zoom website.
- Select Zoom Rooms from the Room Management menu.
- You will then be able to manage the Zoom Room that you have chosen.
- Simply click the Edit button.
- You will then be able to choose which devices to use within the Zoom Room.
- Simply choose which speaker, microphone and camera you want to use.
Remote management for Zoom Room computers and apps
- Zoom Room devices should be set to kiosk mode.
- Click Room Management on zoom.us.
- To restart an online Zoom Room, click Edit on the Zoom Room you wish to restart.
- To do this, scroll down to the Devices heading at the bottom of the page. In this section, you can reset the Zoom Room computer or relaunch the Zoom Room app.
- To complete the process, click on Restart once more.