To ensure that your meetings remain secure, our in-meeting security features allow you to report any inappropriate behavior during meetings. Simply select which participants you want to report, provide any written information, and attach files. If an abnormal use of the Zoom platform is found, this report is automatically sent to Zoom’s Trust and Safety team for evaluation, and if necessary, a user may be blocked.
Besides reporting abuses that occur within Zoom, you can also report abuses that occur outside of a Zoom meeting, webinar, or event. As well as reporting fraudulent activity or reports of a hacked account, you can also appeal to Zoom’s Trust and Safety team for assistance.
Prerequisites for reporting participants for inappropriate behavior
- Free or paid account
- Zoom desktop client
- Windows: 5.4.2 (58740.1105) or higher
- macOS: 5.4.2 (58740.1105) or higher
- Linux: 5.4.53350.1027 or higher
- Zoom mobile app
- Android: 5.4.2 (524) or higher
- iOS: 5.4.1 (58706.1028) or higher
- Report to Zoom enabled
How to report a participant during a meeting
If you observe that a participant is behaving inappropriately during a meeting, you can report them. They will be asked to leave.
Windows | macOS
- You can click on the meeting info icon in the upper-left corner of the meeting window if you are the meeting host or a participant.
- Once the meeting information dialogue shown below appears, click Report on the bottom-left hand corner.
- Next, you will be prompted to enter the name of the participant.
- Choose the reason why this participant should be reported.
- Enter your email address if you are not logged into your Zoom account at the moment.
- Please select the Include desktop screenshot checkbox if you want your desktop screenshot to be included as part of the current message.
- Submit the form.
We will notify you when it has been sent successfully.
Android | iOS
Participants can only be reported from the Zoom mobile app by meeting hosts.
- Tap Participants in the meeting controls as the meeting host.
- Choose the participant you wish to report, and then tap the Remove button to close the window.
- Then tap Report and Remove.
You will then see the participant removed from the meeting instantly.
- You will need to select the reason why the participant is being reported.
- (Optional) You can attach a photo (screenshot) of the incident by tapping the Attach a Photo button.
- Tap the Send button.
The Zoom mobile app allows meeting hosts to report meeting participants but only meeting hosts are able to do this.
- In the meeting controls, tap Participants if you are the meeting host.
- You can report a participant by tapping his or her name, then clicking Remove.
- Select Report after clicking Remove.
This will remove the participant from the meeting immediately.
- Tap on the reason for your report.
- Add a photo or screenshot of the incident by tapping Attach a Photo.
- Then tap Send.
How to report participants for a past meeting or webinar
Participants can be reported for past meetings or webinars you’ve hosted.
- Please log in to the Zoom web portal using your email address and password.
- Click on Meetings or Webinars under the navigation menu.
- Then select Previous Meetings or Previous Webinars from the drop-down list.
- Click on the meeting or webinar you want to send to Zoom after you hover over it.
- Please click Report this Session next to an individual session if your meeting or webinar included more than one.
- Select the participants you wish to analyze from the drop-down menu, then select Report once the selection has been made.
- The option won’t appear if there is only one other participant in your meeting or webinar.
- Choose why you are reporting this person.
- Add a few words if you wish.
- The “Choose File” button will allow you to upload a screenshot or a photo of the problem.
- You will then be asked to submit it.
How to confirm reports
In order for the report to be valid, you must confirm that you reported the participant within 7 business days. In the email you receive after reporting a participant, you will find a link called Confirm the Report that you need to click in order to approve the report. Zoom also allows you to confirm reports online.
- Zoom’s web portal can be accessed by signing in.
- To access reports, select Account Management in the navigation menu.
- Then click User Activities.
- Finally, you will find the Participants Reported section.
- Select the tab titled Wait for My Confirmation so you can view the participants’ reports.
- When you are ready to submit the report on Zoom, click the button Confirm.
How to view and cancel reports
You will find all of the reports you have pending, confirmed, and completed in the Zoom web portal. If you have accidentally put in a report by mistake, you can also cancel the report.
- To access the Zoom website, you will need to sign in.
- Then click Account Management in the left-hand menu and then click Reports in the right-hand menu.
- Select User Activity Reports to find your user activity reports.
- To find your reported participants, click on the link Reported Participants.
- Choose from the following tabs:
- Waiting for my confirmation: Reports that have not been submitted to Zoom yet but are awaiting your confirmation. The report will be submitted once you click Confirm or you can cancel it before the report is submitted.
- There are reports at Zoom that have not yet been closed or solved, but which have been submitted.
- The following reports have been closed or resolved since they were submitted to Zoom.