It is possible to move existing BYOC (Bring Your Own Carrier) numbers from BYOC to Zoom Phone via a BYOC to native port.
Prerequisites for requesting a BYOC number port
- Ownership or administration rights on the account
- for Zoom Phone licenses (separate from BYOC licenses)
The following information may be required:
- (If applicable) Your current carrier’s account number
- Your four digit PIN number (required for all wireless ports if the number is a wireless one) if it is a wireless number
How to request a BYOC number port
- Get the Letter of Agency (LOA) and complete it.
- Complete the BYOC Transfer Sheet that you will be required to complete.
- It is recommended that you fill out the Toll-Free LOA as well if you are porting toll-free numbers.
- The LOA and BYOC Porting Sheet should be sent to email@example.com so we have them on hand for consideration.
- Include the subject line: BYOC Porting in the email.
- A member of the Zoom team will review the email and confirm that the request has been received.
- In order for Zoom Phone or their partners to process your port, the former provider will be asked to verify the information on your LOA. The previous provider and Zoom will be working together to activate the pending port if the request is accepted. Once it has been approved, you will have access to manage it within the Zoom web portal once it has been approved.
- You will be able to identify common mistakes that can cause delays in the transfer of your phone number.