It is possible to require all meetings to be protected through one of the following security options: a passcode, waiting area, or only authenticated users will be allowed into the meeting. Depending on the option you choose, you can increase the security, privacy, and prevent uninvited guests from joining your meetings.
The Waiting Room feature automatically secures all meetings with Zoom if no security option is activated.
Prerequisites for Require all meetings are secured with one security option
- Admin privileges or account owner
How to enable Require all meetings are secured with one security option
For all users on the account to be required to use the same security option for all meetings:
- You must be an admin to edit account settings in the Zoom web portal.
- Select Account Management and then Account Settings from the navigation menu.
- The Meetings tab will appear.
- If you wish to enable or disable this option, click the toggle next to Require all meetings to be secured with one security option under Security.
- Verify the change by clicking Enable or Disable if a verification dialog appears.
- Click the lock icon if you’d like this setting to be mandatory for all the users in your account. Click Lock to confirm your selection.
The Group Management page has been renamed to Groups on your Zoom account if you registered for a new account after August 21, 2021 or if you enabled the New Admin Experience in your account.
The following steps can be taken in order to enforce that all meetings are secured with a single security option for a group of users:
- You must be a Zoom administrator with the permission to edit groups to access the Zoom web portal.
- Go to User Management, then go to Group Management.
- From the list of groups, click on the name of the respective group, then click the Settings tab.
- Now you need to click Meetings.
- To enable or disable the Require that all meetings are secured with one security option, click the toggle button under Security.
- To verify that the change has been made, you will need to click on Enable or Disable in a verification dialog box.
- Changing the account level setting if the option is grayed out.
- Click the lock icon if you want to make this setting mandatory for all group members. Next, click Lock to confirm that you want to make this setting mandatory.
If you would like to require that all meetings be secured in your organization with the following security options:
- Join the Zoom web portal by logging in.
- Once you are logged in, click Settings from the navigation menu.
- Navigate to the Meetings tab.
- In the Security section, click the toggle to enable or disable the requirement that all meetings are secured with one particular security option.
- To verify the change, a verification dialog will display. If you wish to confirm the change, click Enable or Disable.
- A grayed out option means a group or account has blocked it. Zoom administrators need to be contacted.